• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#56) Rangers vs. Dallas Stars — Don't Get Stankin' Wedgewooded

Phil

1 hour ago, jsm7302 said:

You're so right but that is so not Ranger style.

I expect them to make a couple of moves that will slow this wrecking ball down and go back to trying to find chemistry. There is nothing to upgrade when you look like they did last night.

But there is when you look at the body of work. And nobody should make decisions based on one game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue Heaven said:

Great gritty win.  

Is this the turnaround of Igor?  If so, watch out.

Krappo Kaako looks comfortable on the 3rd line, what a snipe and hopefully we have more of that.

He’s starting to go at this point.

Healthy again. Playing with 2 guys that he has some chemistry with.

And I think the big thing is that he’s not feeling squeezed to score. He’s just playing a role and playing hockey. 

If he keeps playing like this, he could in a way be a pseudo deadline add.

1 minute ago, RangersIn7 said:

He’s starting to go at this point.

Healthy again. Playing with 2 guys that he has some chemistry with.

And I think the big thing is that he’s not feeling squeezed to score. He’s just playing a role and playing hockey. 

If he keeps playing like this, he could in a way be a pseudo deadline add.

I agree with a lot of this, the only thing I would reframe is that I believe he actually does think that it's his job to score on this line.

You could tell how much more he's shooting the puck. And when he shoots the puck, it winds up in the net either on his own or by rebound.

His shot is incredibly hard for goalies to handle. 

Just now, Pete said:

I agree with a lot of this, the only thing I would reframe is that I believe he actually does think that it's his job to score on this line.

You could tell how much more he's shooting the puck. And when he shoots the puck, it winds up in the net either on his own or by rebound.

I would agree with that.

But I don’t think it’s quite the same as 1st line kind of pressure.

Just now, Pete said:

He's got that "lost art"  Snap-shot, that's absolutely lethal.  I hate to say it but it's almost.... "Messier-like". 

Now just keep using it, kid!!!

22 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

I would agree with that.

But I don’t think it’s quite the same as 1st line kind of pressure.

Oh 💯. It's about role. On the first line he thought his role was to get the puck to the other guys. On this line he knows it's his role to create for the other guys. 

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

Oh 💯. It's about role. On the first line he thought his role was to get the puck to the other guys. On this line he knows it's his role to create for the other guys. 

I think this may be the corner he’s turning now offensively. 

57 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Unfortunately, the role he seems to play well, will always be diminished by his draft status.  

That would definitely be a choice everybody makes personally. 

• Bullseye 1

2 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Happy New York Rangers GIF by NHL

Good win, great winning 8 games in a row but hardly a clinic based on this statistical few. Although I remain confident you can always find a set of stats to fit the agenda you want to portray. * not you but in general