• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Is Igor Okay?

1 hour ago, RangersLEETCH said:

Maybe it’s me but does Shesty look off? Is he okay mentally? Any unknown ailments/injuries we may not know about? Yesterday he did not seem himself…

Ranger Ed 

It isn't just yesterday. This season has been rough sledding. It really makes you wonder what's going on in his personal life. I don't remember Hank having a season where we questioned him life we have Shesty this year.

The glove is the weird thing.  Hank's was the weakest part of his game (along with puck handling), so when Igor came along, the strength of his glove really jumped out at you.  Now?  Not so much.

There are a lot of goalies that are having down years this season.  I watched Vasi last night get roasted by Ottawa.  He didn't look anywhere near his vezina form either.

Igor played a lot better after coughing up that 3rd goal last game.  I stll believe he's playing with some limitations, like he may be feeling the effects of the earlier season injury.  I may be wrong, but I just don't see those insane leg splits and stretches as much this season.

Or maybe he's just having a down year.  It happens to scorers too.  Either way, when the playoffs start I still think he's going to answer the bell!

• Applause 1
  • Believe 1

Certainly not losing hope just yet. He could still be hampered by injury, or just having a bad year. This has not been a great year for goaltending around the league. Or maybe just the offense is getting better, who knows. My main worry is that he's peaked already.

• Phil changed the title to Is Igor Okay?
8 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Certainly not losing hope just yet. He could still be hampered by injury, or just having a bad year. This has not been a great year for goaltending around the league. Or maybe just the offense is getting better, who knows. My main worry is that he's peaked already.

I didn't really pay attention in the offseason, did they change the rules about Goalie equipment again or something?

36 minutes ago, H-Dreamer said:

I didn't really pay attention in the offseason, did they change the rules about Goalie equipment again or something?

I didn't pay attention either, so I have no idea. lol I don't think that's it, though. Mechanically he's looked off all season.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, siddious said:

I think he means making a new post when there’s already threads you can post in like the other Igor thread. 

the blue font is also a tad bit hard to read 

Apparently I'm colorblind...

Good christ!  That color pulsates to my eyes!