Jump to content
  • Join us — it's free!

    We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Slapshot Heard 'Round the World: Morgan Rielly Ejected for Leveling Ridley Greig After Empty Net Goal


Phil

Recommended Posts

Rielly is getting suspended, but this is the most "two minutes, well worth it," suspension in recent memory. That slapper is some disrespectful shit. I hope Rielly took some teeth as souvenirs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's disrespectful? God, hockey people are so fuckin ritualistically weird. 

 

Edit - the word is "pathetic" not weird. It is pathetic to think what Greig did was "disrespectful" or against the code or whatever. 

 

 

Edited by phillyb
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, phillyb said:

That's disrespectful? God, hockey people are so fuckin ritualistically weird. 

 

Edit - the word is "pathetic" not weird. It is pathetic to think what Greig did was "disrespectful" or against the code or whatever. 


It's not hockey, it's sports. Imagine you're losing a blowout basketball game and with time winding down, the winning team decides to Harlem globetrotter you, they bounce balls off your face, taunt you, etc. Think you'd get mad? Same is true here. "Learn how to win" is a phrase for a reason.

 

If you want to showboat, fine, but prepare to face consequences for it. Even Giroux wouldn't comment on "what Greig did." That should tell you everything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I'm just glad to see a Sens player actually hit the net for once!!!

Way to bury it kid!

 

Now, here's a little smack in the fucking head for being a dick!!

 

I love this Game!!!!

Me and my friend were saying it’s amazing to see the leafs even respond .. they seem like the kind of team that would just let that go 

Edited by siddious
  • Keeps it 100 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, siddious said:

Me and my friend were saying it’s amazing to see the leafs even respond .. they seem like the kind of team that would just let they go 

 

Mark down March 30th...That's their next game.  ...should be a dandy!!!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Phil said:


It's not hockey, it's sports. Imagine you're losing a blowout basketball game and with time winding down, the winning team decides to Harlem globetrotter you, they bounce balls off your face, taunt you, etc. Think you'd get mad? Same is true here. "Learn how to win" is a phrase for a reason.

 

If you want to showboat, fine, but prepare to face consequences for it. Even Giroux wouldn't comment on "what Greig did." That should tell you everything.


A slapshot into an empty net is not taunting, it’s not bouncing balls on someone’s face. 
But please tell me who will think of the empty net’s feelings when all of this is said and done 🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Toronto should be more concerned with why they had to pull their goalie against one of the worst teams in the league instead of taking exception to how the puck winds up in their empty net. 

 

If you were fucking winning you wouldn't have to worry about it. 

  • LOL 1
  • Keeps it 100 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gratuitous violence is more of a past NHL thing than present, which I'm sure Mr. Rielly will discover when the league office comes calling.

 

We're in another transitional period for the NHL on the issue and I'm pretty sure their game plan is to remove the Trouba Effect from the NHL.  Silly gratuitous crap like the headhunting on Greig is just going to move the process forward at a faster pace.

 

I'm not suggesting that what Rielly did was what Trouba does but the head is the head and it's going to be completely off limits by the time we hit the late 20's.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, phillyb said:


A slapshot into an empty net is not taunting, it’s not bouncing balls on someone’s face. 
But please tell me who will think of the empty net’s feelings when all of this is said and done 🙄

 

Okay. To you. Not to hockey players. You see no big deal. They see showboating bullshit, and they respond to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Phil changed the title to The Slapshot Heard 'Round the World: Morgan Rielly Ejected for Leveling Ridley Greig After Empty Net Goal

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...