• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#52) Rangers @ Chicago Blackhawks — Rule #76: No Excuses; Play Like a Champion

Phil

6 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Hey look. Mika. Not 5v5 so it don’t count. Lol.

My motherfucking app I have on delay and the last few games has notified me before we score in OT. 

Oh well. Shouldn’t have gotten to that. But end of the day, 2 ugly points tonight look just as pretty as 2 pretty points when the season ends. I’ll take it.

to be fair, majority of game is played 5v5.  

Just now, BrooksBurner said:

Can they put in 3v3 OT in the playoffs for Zibanejad? Sick shot. Wish he could get that kind of space at 5v5 to use it

Wish he'd attempt anything besides the off wing onetimer.  This goal shows that he really needs to explore all opportunities for shots.

4 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

to be fair, majority of game is played 5v5.  

Na I know I was just kidding around.

I think I’m more mad at this stupid Ranger app for being Jekyll and Hyde as far as timing goes. It’s usually spot on with the delay in arena to the TV. Lately it’s been off.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Wish he'd attempt anything besides the off wing onetimer.  This goal shows that he really needs to explore all opportunities for shots.

I'd take Trocheck off PP1. Lafreniere in Zib's spot. Zib bumper/float. He needs to wander around a bit looking for different angles.

6 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Another 2 pts for glider. He’s an assist away from his career high assist total. He’s going to shatter that while potting 35 goals. Stinks.

Now imagine what's possible if he moved his feet. 

Edited by Pete

A tight one in the windy city; Definitely a lot closer than it should've been, but our "#1 Center" steps up at a key time and pumps home an OT winner.

This is one of those rare games where you burn the tape for a win!

Lots of action in the GDT tonight, and a shout out to @phillyb for bringing home the win!!!  ...And here are the Top 18 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”:

13 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

Fuck! My ears are bleeding from Chelsea Dagger already 

13 hours ago, Scott said:

We're playing a JV team if they don't win this one going away they should put bags over their heads.

13 hours ago, siddious said:

Fox just bent Chicago over. What a pass

12 hours ago, phillyb said:

I’m in second row behind hawks g. Best seats I’ve had in my life. 

12 hours ago, Pete said:

Shame you won't remember it

12 hours ago, mbob said:

Good outcome considering how the period started.

So Laffy’s scoring streak matches exactly the length of my donut eating streak. I hope he can keep it up, I’m not ready to tap out yet!  But next game I’ll be on the road so no fancy Polish donuts, will grab something krispy

12 hours ago, siddious said:

Imagine being a Chicago fan and hearing you drafted a tkachuk but it turns out to be generic brand Katchouk 

12 hours ago, Keirik said:

They (Chicago) still have the best uniforms in the NHL and shittiest deep dish casserole around  

And who puts celery salt on a hot dog? Fucking twisted shit

12 hours ago, Dem said:

Sam isn't slurring. I'm getting worried

11 hours ago, Dem said:

The only draft pick that matters to me is the #1 pick at the liquor store tomorrow. I'm living in a dry household at the moment

11 hours ago, The Dude said:

Play happened due to Kakko shooting. Shoot more you dumb bastard.

Shoot

El shooto

Ampua

11 hours ago, The Dude said:

So, do these Trouba girls scissor or what?

11 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

In terms of creating, this has been an absolute horrendous period.

On top of it, this game is a major fucking stinkbomb. Good grief. I feel like this game started during the middle of the Obama administration.

11 hours ago, Dem said:

He's dreaming of getting back to the bottle of Stoli in the freezer

11 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

Awfully miserable thread for a 3-1 game, tbh. What, is Ron Greschner kicking your dogs?

10 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Miller is special in his own end, and not the good kind.

10 hours ago, ausman said:

Does Lafreniere in French mean “Can’t Finish”?  Geez.  Just force it in.

10 hours ago, The Dude said:

See? You can score from the right side too you pussy. Go scissor with the Trouba girls. 

Not exactly a gem, but it's still 2 points.  I recorded the game last night, and actually ran out of memory on my system.  Holy fuck!  That game felt like it took a long ass time!

....and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @The Dude, who came in hot, and snapped out 2 in a row to seal the deal. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

• Phil unpinned this topic