• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#46) Rangers at Anaheim Ducks — Episode 2 of True Detective Is Also on Just Saying

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

You can't control outcomes, you can only control your own performance. Sometimes you win games you should lose, and sometimes you lose games you should win.

I saw a lot of complaining in the GDT and group chat about the Kings game, and IMO that's garbage. The effort was there and that was a winnable game, they just couldn't convert. 

I totally agree.

They played well. Tightened up and increased the effort to where both need to be.

They just didn’t get one more to go in.

But they could’ve won that game.

Carried the play the entire 2nd half of the game, and they weren’t bad in the 1st 30 minutes either.

We may just have found a 3rd line.  I'm not sure if Jonny Brod is the answer at C there long term, but Cuylle/Wheeler was getting it done very well last night.  I thought that 3rd line was playing the best for most of the game.

It's pretty inevitable that there's going to be a move made, but I think we're starting to uptick again.  I can feel the effort again.  They fought pretty well to get back in that one last night.

Gotta get 2 from the Sharts, and then head home.

Kreider - Zibanejad - RW is our 3rd line.  We're just not ready to admit it yet.  Too many power play points make them look much better at even strength than they actually are.

• Like 1

• Phil unpinned this topic
10 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Kreider - Zibanejad - RW is our 3rd line.  We're just not ready to admit it yet.  Too many power play points make them look much better at even strength than they actually are.

Stop being ridiculous. If they are our third line, the Brodz line is the 5th line and the Goody line the 6th.

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

Stop being ridiculous. If they are our third line, the Brodz line is the 5th line and the Goody line the 6th.

I was thinking it was time to move Cuylle up to the 1st line with Zib abd Kreider, but after watching him paired with Wheeler last night, I'm starting to think just leave him on the 3rd and get us a solid 3rd line center.

Jonny Brodz is a good story, but I don't think he's the answer for a playoff run.

I'm still good with Kakko on the 1st with Zib and Glider.

• LMFAO 1

29 minutes ago, Br4d said:

They should be separated.

Zibanejad ranks around 70th amongst centers in 5v5 pts. It profiles as a 3C.

Kreider ranks 21st amongst LW in 5v5 pts. It profiles as a low tier 1st line LW. He's carrying that line as much as he can, but he's not a playmaker or a line driver so it only goes so far.

I think I'd like to see Kreider and Trocheck paired together when they have the capacity to do it. That's your secondary scoring line. They have to find Panarin another center because Zibanejad doesn't know how to play with him either.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

They have to find Panarin another center because Zibanejad doesn't know how to play with him either.

Challenge... didn't know...when all Panarin was doing was looking for the pass. It may work now that Panarin is shooting, and maybe he can talk that into Zib. Because Kreider isn't shooting nearly enough either.

Sort this list anyway you want, Krieder is a deflection machine and that's it and the rest of the team needs to catch up to Panarin.

Edited by Pete

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

Challenge... didn't know...when all Panarin was doing was looking for the pass. It may work now that Panarin is shooting, and maybe he can talk that into Zib. Because Kreider isn't shooting nearly enough either.

Sort this list anyway you want, Krieder is a deflection machine and that's it and the rest of the team needs to catch up to Panarin.

That's fair. I'd be more than willing to try Panarin and Zibanejad again, while the team is short changed at center, and maybe Panarin can elevate Zib.

That link is an ordered list by snap shot count and Kreider is 4th. Can you expand on how that relates to deflections?

10 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

That's fair. I'd be more than willing to try Panarin and Zibanejad again, while the team is short changed at center, and maybe Panarin can elevate Zib.

That link is an ordered list by snap shot count and Kreider is 4th. Can you expand on how that relates to deflections?

If you sort the other columns, he by far leads the team in tipped shots, but Panarin is almost doubling up everyone in every other shot type aside from slapshot. No one really uses a straight up clapper in 2024 (except Trouba), they're counting Zib's one-timers there and he leads.

Kreider needs to shoot more from more than 10' out.

SHOTS
spacer.png

GOALS

spacer.png

Edited by Pete
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

If you sort the other columns, he by far leads the team in tipped shots, but Panarin is almost doubling up everyone in every other shot type aside from slapshot. No one really uses a straight up clapper in 2024 (except Trouba), they're counting Zib's one-timers there and he leads.

Gotcha. Kreider is 2nd on the team in wrist shot and snap shot goals, so I don't reduce him to just a deflection player even though he's elite at that. Yeah, in general the entire team needs to take a page out of Panarin's book this year - shoot more. There was an odd man rush last night where Kreider forced a pass when he had a lane to the net. The pass was put right on the tape....of the lone defenseman. Prime example of passing up a shot and HDC, in exchange for a turnover. Shoot the puck! He could have had a 4 point night instead of 3.

This is conjecture, but there's way too much of a deferential approach to the game from the Rangers' top players, and that might just be a reflection of their personalities. Nice, unselfish guys want to feed their teammates rather than themselves, and to play differently and more selfishly isn't natural with certain personality types.

It's definitely a personality thing. It's great that they all like each other and there's a good comradery, but if they got just a little selfish during game time, that would be wonderful. lol Plus I do wonder if Zib is bipolar sometimes, and I'm not even joking.

59 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Gotcha. Kreider is 2nd on the team in wrist shot and snap shot goals, so I don't reduce him to just a deflection player even though he's elite at that. Yeah, in general the entire team needs to take a page out of Panarin's book this year - shoot more. There was an odd man rush last night where Kreider forced a pass when he had a lane to the net. The pass was put right on the tape....of the lone defenseman. Prime example of passing up a shot and HDC, in exchange for a turnover. Shoot the puck! He could have had a 4 point night instead of 3.

This is conjecture, but there's way too much of a deferential approach to the game from the Rangers' top players, and that might just be a reflection of their personalities. Nice, unselfish guys want to feed their teammates rather than themselves, and to play differently and more selfishly isn't natural with certain personality types.

3rd in Wrist Shot and 2nd in snap where Panarin more than doubles him up.

And I don't really care about goals, it's about shots. They don't shoot enough. Panarin is 7th in the league, and even he is 50+ shots off Pastrnak's #1 pace...And outshooting Krieder et al by a wide margin.

Rangers are 13th in GF/GP and 12th in SoG/GP. That's just not good enough when they eyeballs see how many glorious chances they pass on.

Edited by Pete

I'm getting back in the GTD threads.. I'd been avoiding them because damn near every game was a W and I didn't want to jack up the mojo.... We've seen enough uneven play for my return.. Mediocrity is my life's work. 

• LMFAO 1

46 minutes ago, Pete said:

3rd in Wrist Shot and 2nd in snap where Panarin more than doubles him up.

And I don't really care about goals, it's about shots. They don't shoot enough. Panarin is 7th in the league, and even he is 50+ shots off Pastrnak's #1 pace...And outshooting Krieder et al by a wide margin.

Rangers are 13th in GF/GP and 12th in SoG/GP. That's just not good enough when they eyeballs see how many glorious chances they pass on.

Did you see whn Kreider got out of the penalty box last night?  He got the puck on a 3 on 1.  He slowed to a crawl and made a shit pass that we didn't even muster a shot on.  That's the shit that I break remotes over!!

• Like 4