• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#46) Rangers at Anaheim Ducks — Episode 2 of True Detective Is Also on Just Saying

1 minute ago, RangersLEETCH said:

I called it. I said it Rangers get three goals this period. I posted it in this thread! I could see they just needed a break!  Great win Rangers! 
60 points! LGR!! Good night everyone !!

Ranger Ed 

Phil, give this man a signed Panarin stick for calling it. 

• Believe 1

It's a good thing they noticed that play was offside and challenged just before the faceoff. If the puck drops there at 3-1, it's another bad loss. No matter the opponent they showed some character there in a game they needed. Kind of messy game, but it was a deserved victory.

• Like 1

Take note of that shift Cuylle had in the 3rd that may just have been the springboard to get us out of this funk.  What a great deflection, and a well-deserved goal for the kid, who was more of an unsung hero in this one; scoring the tying goal, and drawing the power play that led to the Panarin snipe!

Seemed like "here we go again", but Igor hung in there, and a super job by the coaching staff on that challenge that pretty much saved the game.

And here are the Top 13 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Aqua Velva...THANKS!  We needed that!

2 hours ago, phillyb said:

A minute in and I’m considering turning this shit off. 

2 hours ago, siddious said:

You guys think we can still get a lottery pick?

2 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

In team fighting?  This team is a bunch of blowjobs

1 hour ago, Phil said:

I'd sooner play the rest of the season with five defensemen than invite that human colostomy bag back onto this roster.

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

Seems like the only time we have a lead is when I drink shitty Vodka. 

1 hour ago, VegasRanger said:

Didn't know Wheeler could skate fast enough to create a snow shower.

1 hour ago, phillyb said:

Down a goal 3000 miles away from home and IGOR chants. I love it. Eat shit Anaheim.

1 hour ago, phillyb said:

Shit piss fuck cunt cocksucker motherfucker

55 minutes ago, ausman said:

And tits.

37 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

Man these two are like the adopted Sedins.

36 minutes ago, mbob said:

Just when I thought they were dead …. They pulled me back in. LGR!

28 minutes ago, ausman said:

Who in Anaheim thought it was a good idea to have their uniforms the color of human excrement?

26 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

They just beat the worst team in the league and yet it feels like they won the cup

If we can clip 2 points off San Jose on Tuesday, I'll still consider this a decent road trip.  I really wish we could clone Cuylle!  Fucking kid has been dynamite for pretty much the whole season so far.

And our winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to the Captain @Phil, who so eloquently offered his trade evaluation opinion.

Late one on Tuesday, kiddies!  Keep bringing the funnies!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 1

5 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Cuylle basically won the game for them. Great effort on the tying goal and drew a penalty by going to the net (imagine that) that leads to the game-winner. 

Don’t forget the big play laf made to draw the 2-1 penalty - both kids just doing what you’re supposed to and being effective…imagine that

Just now, Valriera said:

Don’t forget the big play laf made to draw the 2-1 penalty - both kids just doing what you’re supposed to and being effective…imagine that

He's been in a slump offensively and defensively for awhile, but yes, that was also big.

1 minute ago, siddious said:

So they were good? Cuz I fell asleep after the first and they didn’t look so good

They were better, yes. Although very fortunate they caught the Ducks' 3-1 goal was offside just in time before the puck dropped, or else we're looking at a pretty sour loss.

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Indeed. I know the Kings had been slumping badly, but they're still a good team. Sometimes that's the worst time to play a team, when they're due. The Anaheim and San Jose games they need to have.

The Kings game was at least encouraging after that debacle in Vegas.

They couldve won that game with a break or two. Result sucks but they played much better.

Getting a win last night and hopefully another vs SJ tomorrow would be huge 

7 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

They couldve won that game with a break or two. Result sucks but they played much better.

Yeah, it was a tough one, but I wasn't too bothered by it. Far from great, but a much better game than we had seen. Win tomorrow, and it's not too bad of a trip. 

15 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

7 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah, it was a tough one, but I wasn't too bothered by it. Far from great, but a much better game than we had seen. Win tomorrow, and it's not too bad of a trip. 

You can't control outcomes, you can only control your own performance. Sometimes you win games you should lose, and sometimes you lose games you should win.

I saw a lot of complaining in the GDT and group chat about the Kings game, and IMO that's garbage. The effort was there and that was a winnable game, they just couldn't convert. 

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

You can't control outcomes, you can only control your own performance. Sometimes you win games you should lose, and sometimes you lose games you should win.

I saw a lot of complaining in the GDT and group chat about the Kings game, and IMO that's garbage. The effort was there and that was a winnable game, they just couldn't convert. 

I know. The tying goal was there late, just couldn't get it. It sucks, but nothing you can do about it. It was not a bad game by any stretch. I thought they were able to build on it for the game last night.