• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#44) Rangers @ Vegas Golden Knights — Better Make Coffee

Phil

For those of you who missed it, you didn't miss a fucking thing...Trust me!  For those of you who didn't, you get extra value points for this wet bag of shit we watched.

What a terrible outing against a team that was playing with a depleted squad.  But of course we make another shit bag goalie look like Hasek in his prime.  What else is new?

Lots to be pissed off about in this puker!  Fuck it!  Here are the Top 16 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by United Airlines, who lost the Rangers' defense on the trip out west.

10 hours ago, siddious said:

Isn’t prostitution legal in Nevada? Probably has more to do with that. 

10 hours ago, Bugg said:

Was probably gonna fall asleep or go to bed, until Sam Rosen started touting the wonders of Alec Martinez. Sam Rosen and  Alec Martinez can both go fuck themselves sideways all the way back to June 2014. Now, I'm wide awake. 

10 hours ago, Br4d said:

I've got a nickname for Cuylle: Rollerball.  He looks just like Jonathan E.

10 hours ago, Abe Froman said:

I'm on the West Coast but I still feel like going to bed. 

10 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Time for Quick to appear and send Igor to a brothel for a quickie. 

10 hours ago, Karan said:

Go take a cold shower, that Kakk-rection is making you lose your ability to think straight.

9 hours ago, siddious said:

@Phil doing forum updates was the best part of that first period 

9 hours ago, Karan said:

Kreider is so damn soft along the boards for a man of his size/strength. It's like getting a hug from your grandma. 

9 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

Laffy doing his best Strome impression and PUNISHING the end boards with his shots.

9 hours ago, Abe Froman said:

Time for some M*A*S*H reruns.

9 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Game started out all hot-n-bothered. Now it’s like watching your neighbors have sex. 

Except they’re both old and ugly!

9 hours ago, Pistol Pete said:

Rangers were like a 16 year old on prom night this game…shot their load in the first 5 minutes and then went to bed…

9 hours ago, delneggs said:

Tough night for the ladies.  I'm sure more perimeter play in the O zone and stick checking in the D zone will turn things around in the 3rd.   

8 hours ago, siddious said:

“Micro penis”

this team Must have a banner that says that on the wall in the locker room Ted lasso style because it embodies them perfectly. 

8 hours ago, phillyb said:

Wow, everyone who said Leetch for the trivia can eat shit. 

8 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

This not a tape burn, this is shove the tape up Miller’s ass

Probably the most infuriating game I've watched in quite some time.  I had to move everything away from me that could be thrown, kicked, punched, and fucking smashed.  No shit, I actually sat on the floor with absolutely nothing around me!  I even put my remote in the fridge, so it was far away!

I really enjoyed the Howden empty netter just to ram it up our ass a little further.  Kinda like blowing a load in the chick's face before you head to Wendy's!!  ...and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to Pete @siddious, who summed up the true vibe pretty well.

I can't wait until these jerk offs to snap out of this shit, because we looked like ass for about 50 minutes of this thing!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 2
  • Believe 1

Seemed like they were doing okay and the first goal against just absolutely crushed them.

I've been saying it all season long, some if not all of those goals may have not been entirely on Igor but he needs to give you a farging save that keeps you in it once in a while.

Defense was the worst I have seen it in 3 years.

For all the "talent" we have our offense is an absolute joke. Not dynamic at all. Goodrow, Cuylle, Trochek (ok a little bit of a pass for him), vesey, bonino and not one guy knows how to drive the net.

The bottom six just feels like a total black hole most of the time. You're not counting on them for offense, but still, we're getting absolutely nothing from them (and even some others) most of the time. It's brutal. It goes back to my initial complaint that, while the team has good players, they are just too inconsistent and streaky. Zib is awesome when he's on, but the man is bipolar. We know how Kreider can be. Panarin and Trocheck are the only two players on offense who have been consistently good.

10 minutes ago, siddious said:

Seemed like they were doing okay and the first goal against just absolutely crushed them.

I've been saying it all season long, some if not all of those goals may have not been entirely on Igor but he needs to give you a farging save that keeps you in it once in a while.

Defense was the worst I have seen it in 3 years.

For all the "talent" we have our offense is an absolute joke. Not dynamic at all. Goodrow, Cuylle, Trochek (ok a little bit of a pass for him), vesey, bonino and not one guy knows how to drive the net.

We looked great for the first 8:00 and then the whole thing went to shit.  It's like this team totally lost it's resiliency!  I felt all the air go out after that second goal.  What the fuck is that???  Just absolutely furious with last night's "effort".  They fucking sucked...FLAT OUT!  With the exception of Cuylle, they should all be embarassed. 

Funny shit: I mentioned this in the GDT post, but I actually moved everything in my house away from the TV and sat on the fucking floor with nothing around, and put my TV remote in the refrigerator.  I knew something was getting smashed last night right after it went 2-0.

I think I probably saved about a good $3,000 bucks!!  I'm glad to say all devices and furniture are still in tact, and so are both hands, knuckles and feet!  Gotta love Ranger season!

• LMFAO 1

14 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

The bottom six just feels like a total black hole most of the time. You're not counting on them for offense, but still, we're getting absolutely nothing from them (and even some others) most of the time. It's brutal. It goes back to my initial complaint that, while the team has good players, they are just too inconsistent and streaky. Zib is awesome when he's on, but the man is bipolar. We know how Kreider can be. Panarin and Trocheck are the only two players on offense who have been consistently good.

On one hand, Mika's offensive talent is undeniable. But looks like better defensive teams have figured him out. If he wants to hang outside and doodle with the puck looking for the perfect pass, let him. If he and Kreids want to play some 2 man passing festival rather than shoot on net and crash the crease, they're taking themselves out of the game. There's no style points when the playoffs start. And these 2 guys too many nights are all about styling. 

Just now, Bugg said:

On one hand, Mika's offensive talent is undeniable. But looks like better defensive teams have figured him out. If he wants to hang outside and doodle with the puck looking for the perfect pass, let him. If he and Kreids want to play some 2 man passing festival rather than shoot on net and crash the crease, they're taking themselves out of the game. There's no style points when the playoffs start. And these 2 guys too many nights are all about styling. 

Style is definitely part of it, but they can still go long periods of time without being a factor. I don't even mean not putting up points, I just mean doing anything useful on the ice. Too many disappearing acts.

I just watched the first period and turned it off. Igor has simply got to come up with those two saves. He makes a great pad save after those two shitty goals and you already know it's too late. It's a road game against a top team in the league and your team comes out dominating in front of you. You have to come up with the saves. Can say all we want about the rest of the game, every player in the nhl is going to give up after that start and being down 2-0. Igor's gotta come up with it. Too often the story this year.  This goes 0-0 into the second and it's a completely different game. 

Edited by Valriera
  • Like 1

Glad I missed this one, but I'll say once again that the reason no name goalies look good against the Rangers is because of their lack of finishing skills.   They really should get out the targets like the all-star accuracy contest and let the team practice hitting corners of the net.

• Bullseye 1

3 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Glad I missed this one, but I'll say once again that the reason no name goalies look good against the Rangers is because of their lack of finishing skills.   They really should get out the targets like the all-star accuracy contest and let the team practice hitting corners of the net.

They were brutal with that last night. Every shot was either blocked or went wide.

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

We looked great for the first 8:00 and then the whole thing went to shit.  It's like this team totally lost it's resiliency!  I felt all the air go out after that second goal.  What the fuck is that???  Just absolutely furious with last night's "effort".  They fucking sucked...FLAT OUT!  With the exception of Cuylle, they should all be embarassed. 

Funny shit: I mentioned this in the GDT post, but I actually moved everything in my house away from the TV and sat on the fucking floor with nothing around, and put my TV remote in the refrigerator.  I knew something was getting smashed last night right after it went 2-0.

I think I probably saved about a good $3,000 bucks!!  I'm glad to say all devices and furniture are still in tact, and so are both hands, knuckles and feet!  Gotta love Ranger season!

Spent the entire morning clearing the ledge for you and the rest of us!

• TroCheckmark 1

49 minutes ago, lefty9 said:

The bottom six is going to be the death of this team 

Not saying everything else is perfect 

Tbh, Cuylle-Brod-Wheeler looks decent together and created a couple chances. If you replace Wheeler with Vesey, it would be pretty high energy as well.

Shots weren't getting through to the goalie in this one and when they did get past the D, they werent on net. Tough skidding. Goaltending will be the nail in the coffin this year; it isn't looking good.

1 hour ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Spent the entire morning clearing the ledge for you and the rest of us!

You know me, Big Guy...I drink the Kool-Aid and wear the Blue glasses, but what I saw last night, I can't "un-see".  The only thing I took from that game at all is that I absolutely love Will Cuylle.

• Cheers 1

• Phil unpinned this topic
3 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

Tbh, Cuylle-Brod-Wheeler looks decent together and created a couple chances. If you replace Wheeler with Vesey, it would be pretty high energy as well.

Shots weren't getting through to the goalie in this one and when they did get past the D, they werent on net. Tough skidding. Goaltending will be the nail in the coffin this year; it isn't looking good.

Thanks

6 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Save for a four or five game stretch where he was absolutely shut down, he's been ass most of the season. Another good player on this team that's also a headcase and his own worst enemy.

Lots of goalies suddenly having problems this season.  Do you think somebody has figured out something from a film angle that is causing weaknesses to suddenly be exploited more effectively?

Lots of goalies doing ok also but Igor is not the only tier goalie having a bad time this season.  Saros, Sorokin, Shesterkin.  It's like a massacre of the Euro-S's...