• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #34] Rangers at Florida Panthers — Here Kitty Kitty

Drew a Penalty

That was brutal live. Panthers suck for replays so you don't see what actually happened. Like the Laffy penalty I was watching Bread get hit up high with a stick and his reaction then I caught the Laffy play out of the corner of my eye. With all that down time waiting they showed two quick replays of it like 1 second in length and I was like what's that call, Playing hockey ??? They couldn't get out of the d-zone for shit. Got killed on faceoffs ( Pretty much a first time this season for that ). Had maybe 3 shifts where there was actually some resemblance of a forecheck present. They showed Zibs goal replay, a whole second worth. I was sitting just to the left of the circle there and that was a beauty. First period they hit Bob in the chest , after that they missed the net ... lol

Edited by knedragon
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Could be. He’s never been more allergic to shooting then he is now. Ever.

The hustle is what I have issue with. Again, it’s one speed at all times. One. Could be practice. Could be Game 7 of the Cup. He just has his own pace. Sometimes it looks genius. Sometimes you want to throw a fucking chair at him. Tonight’s a chair night.

I feel like his rookie season he did have another gear and a desire to deke and dangle for his own shots.  He's really just been crawling up the boards in a stall speed, looking for the pass.

If anyone on this team is guilty of falling back on the east west style of play, it's Fox as the #1 culprit. You're not getting any quick north plays with him on the ice. It's a lot of slowing things down to the point it becomes a passing drill. Schneider is keeping up with him in goals and shots. Schneider has missed quite a few golden opportunities too. Seems like Fox isn't getting the same chances. 

I'm not at all saying he is a problem  He's averaging a PPG.  Just seems "off".  There are actual issues elsewhere though. Namely 2/3's of that 3rd line. 

Not exactly the outcome we were looking for, but not a terrible game from our boys either.  We got away from our "game" but held it together long enough to get finger blasted by the refs yet again.  That penalty on Laff??  yeah....no!  Flat out...blow me!

...and here are the Top 10 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”:

5 hours ago, Dem said:

Fudgy the whale never gave the fuck up, nor should we. I sense an offensive breakout. Go getm boys

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

Stick THAT in your Cuylle!

4 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

@Ozzy's first car had better audio than this ESPN+ feed right now

4 hours ago, Dem said:

Here it comes , I expect a fucking blowout. I haven't taken my meds n I see goats n fucking mikes mayo everywhere  

4 hours ago, siddious said:

I just have the Xbox game controller because much like me in chel this team cannot score on a breakaway 

4 hours ago, phillyb said:

Buddy, those fuckin sausage fingers lol. 
“you guys really need to all upgrade…”

3 hours ago, siddious said:

Shove it up your hoop refs.

3 hours ago, Valriera said:

Miller with the wingspan of an Andean condor there

3 hours ago, VegasRanger said:

Way to ruin my woody

3 hours ago, siddious said:

He’s still making his way to the bench from the locker room. 

Such bullshit.  Just let the fucking teams play!  I'm pretty sold on the fact we're getting fucked all year by the refs.  But whatever.  An entertaining game nonetheless that we simply just came up on the short end of.  I loved the Mika shorty, and Cuylle is still my main man!

For the record, Quick's "scorpion" save is the fucking save of the year by far!!!

The winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to Brooksie @BrooksBurner, who knew my '84 Camaro definitely had better reception than this ESPN puke tonight!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

I feel like his rookie season he did have another gear and a desire to deke and dangle for his own shots.  He's really just been crawling up the boards in a stall speed, looking for the pass.

If anyone on this team is guilty of falling back on the east west style of play, it's Fox as the #1 culprit. You're not getting any quick north plays with him on the ice. It's a lot of slowing things down to the point it becomes a passing drill. Schneider is keeping up with him in goals and shots. Schneider has missed quite a few golden opportunities too. Seems like Fox isn't getting the same chances. 

I'm not at all saying he is a problem  He's averaging a PPG.  Just seems "off".  There are actual issues elsewhere though. Namely 2/3's of that 3rd line. 

Listen I agree. I know I go after Fox which is a lot of the reason I always feel the need to preface what I say with facts about me understanding how good he is and not taking him for granted and all of that mumbo jumbo.

But again, and maybe this is me letting that Game 7 GWG by NJ conquer my mind (but then again I know it’s not because I know what my eyes are) but he can be an interesting guy to watch. The main part of his game that makes him so damn good is his ability to kind of keep it cool in tight spots and I get that. But the issue I have is that it’s just his only speed. There are times we’re down a goal late and he’s going back to retrieve a puck as if we have a fucking month of Sundays left and it’s like, “HEY! ADAM! THE CLOCK IS RUNNING!”

Blessed to have him, blown away by his hockey IQ. But man, his deliberateness with everything sometimes make you want to rip your eyes out. And his steadfast refusal to shoot is NOT good. You can see teams pressuring more because they know the chances of Fox flinging one on net are slim to none.

Other more pressing problems exist. But Fox really truly needs to get his head into this a little bit more. When he has brain farts, they tend to clear a room.

• Cheers 2

12 hours ago, Pete said:

Cuylle scored?

I'd be more concerned with Mikkola catching Lafreniere than anything else LOL. 

Cuylle did score later on but I was talking about the first period breakaway.  It just seemed like we had more than our usual number of clean breakaways last night and none of them were converted.  Laffy gets soooo many chances to score it is downright scary.

22 minutes ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

Cuylle did score later on but I was talking about the first period breakaway.  It just seemed like we had more than our usual number of clean breakaways last night and none of them were converted.  Laffy gets soooo many chances to score it is downright scary.

One day those are gonna start going in!  😃

• Believe 1

34 minutes ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

He's doing everything but finishing at this point.  Also getting hella unlucky on his passes.  He's made some beauts that turned into nothing on the other end.

Obviously there's no stat that reflects this but I think he's missing 5 goals and maybe 10 assists on the season already and that's the difference between looking like a bit of an improvement over what he's shown and being a star in the making.

15 goals and 20 assists right now and he'd be on the way.

Edited by Br4d

13 minutes ago, Br4d said:

He's doing everything but finishing at this point.  Also getting hella unlucky on his passes.  He's made some beauts that turned into nothing on the other end.

Obviously there's no stat that reflects this but I think he's missing 5 goals and maybe 10 assists on the season already and that's the difference between looking like a bit of an improvement over what he's shown and being a star in the making.

15 goals and 20 assists right now and he'd be on the way.

That's fictional math. It could also be applied to 600 other NHL players who miss chances and have linemates miss them too. 

20 minutes ago, Pete said:

That's fictional math. It could also be applied to 600 other NHL players who miss chances and have linemates miss them too. 

I think this is inaccurate.  Maybe there are 15-20 guys who are unlucky at the level Laffy has been unlucky.  The other 580 are nowhere near as consistent as Laffy and his linemates have been at generating and blowing high danger chances.  The Panarin line is probably in the top 10 in the NHL right now in generating high danger chances.

2 hours ago, Br4d said:

I think this is inaccurate.  Maybe there are 15-20 guys who are unlucky at the level Laffy has been unlucky.  The other 580 are nowhere near as consistent as Laffy and his linemates have been at generating and blowing high danger chances.  The Panarin line is probably in the top 10 in the NHL right now in generating high danger chances.

Well that's what happens when you try and make up math just to pump a guys tires. 

1 hour ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Lafraniere hasn’t reached this point but there is a point when you continually don’t score on high danger chances that the player just isn’t a good finisher and not unlucky. 

His history says he is a good opportunistic finisher.  That's Junior and NHL.  Even when he wasn't doing all that much for the Rangers he was always dangerous with the puck in front of the goal.

The other history was that he was more of a playmaker than a pure goal-scorer.  It'll be interesting to see if he can salvage that.

2 hours ago, Br4d said:

His history says he is a good opportunistic finisher.  That's Junior and NHL.  Even when he wasn't doing all that much for the Rangers he was always dangerous with the puck in front of the goal.

The other history was that he was more of a playmaker than a pure goal-scorer.  It'll be interesting to see if he can salvage that.

Or maybe he just got even more chances at that level and still did not take as many as he should (whatever that means)

We have a bunch of guys in that category. I don't think Kreider for example is going to get any better at that part. There are others.  I hope I am wrong but maybe Laffy is what he is going to be as a finisher.  Other parts of his game have become top notch and I think he is working on everything

I have zero concern about Lafreniere. He's going to be a PPG player for years. It's about patience and PP opportunity as the current core ages. It might be 2-3 years away yet, but he's going to be a PPG player for the back half of his 20s I have no doubt about that.

Edited by BrooksBurner