• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #34] Rangers at Florida Panthers — Here Kitty Kitty

Drew a Penalty

Just now, Pete said:

They didn't lose because of a bad call. They lost because they weren't within their defensive structure. 

You're starting to see the eventual gaping holes of Wheeler, Bonino, and Brodz in the top 9.

Can’t disagree. I’m not going to say all 3 will be gone by years end. I’m willing to bet Bonino is our 4C when all is said and done. But there are holes that will eventually need to be addressed.

Weird game for the Rangers.  Teams that more regularly play the Leafs, Wings, Oilers, Canucks are more used to that kind of game.  Probably won’t see that kind of playoff matchup until we get to the ECF or SCF, but something for the coaches to be able to review 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

They didn't lose because of a bad call. They lost because they weren't within their defensive structure. 

You're starting to see the eventual gaping holes of Wheeler, Bonino, and Brodz in the top 9.

why the hell are vesey and goodrow not being given those minutes...

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

Can’t disagree. I’m not going to say all 3 will be gone by years end. I’m willing to bet Bonino is our 4C when all is said and done. But there are holes that will eventually need to be addressed.

They don't all need to go, just dropped down to their proper role. Bonino has to have his minutes managed much more effectively. Brodz just isn't a full-time NHL player. He's like an energy guy who you can drop in for 3-4 games but then needs a week off. Wheeler... Just got to hide him where he'll do the least damage, whether that's top line or third line. 

• VINNY! 1

Just now, fletch said:

Weird game for the Rangers.  Teams that more regularly play the Leafs, Wings, Oilers, Canucks are more used to that kind of game.  Probably won’t see that kind of playoff matchup until we get to the ECF or SCF, but something for the coaches to be able to review 

And not fear. We can and on most nights do beat them, best on best.

I honestly feel for the first time like the measuring stick. No team in the league scares me.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Adam Fox. Burn the tape. 

Listen guys, I’m not stupid. Guys a stud. I get it. I ain’t denying the guys talent.

But the guy has ZERO desperation to his game. And you can’t say it’s not frustrating to watch sometimes.

i think the 'lack of desperation' normally shows up as incredible patience with the puck on his stick...but he's just not 'on' right now. a tick too slow/off.

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Adam Fox. Burn the tape. 

Listen guys, I’m not stupid. Guys a stud. I get it. I ain’t denying the guys talent.

But the guy has ZERO desperation to his game. And you can’t say it’s not frustrating to watch sometimes.

Agreed. Maybe he's  not 100%  

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Agreed. Maybe he's  not 100%  

Could be. He’s never been more allergic to shooting then he is now. Ever.

The hustle is what I have issue with. Again, it’s one speed at all times. One. Could be practice. Could be Game 7 of the Cup. He just has his own pace. Sometimes it looks genius. Sometimes you want to throw a fucking chair at him. Tonight’s a chair night.

• VINNY! 1

14 minutes ago, RangersLEETCH said:

Rangers didn’t play their best defense 

need to put this one away and forget about it… Steven stamkos is waiting …

Lets go Rangers! 
Ranger Ed 

I did too dude! Thought we might be going OT….

but as Mike Richter said during the rangers-devils series game 7 1st OT need to have a quick memory … forget about this game focus on the next period…. Next game…

Ranger Ed 

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Adam Fox. Burn the tape. 

I just couldn't sum this up better. It is what stops me from being totally in love with this guys play and presence here. It was never more obvious than Round 1 last year.

• Like 1

Don't forget that Florida had home ice and last line change so you aren't going to always get your preferred matchups to neutralize top lines.  And there are some teams in the league that are willing to pinch with their defensemen and play more aggressively in the offensive zone to try to score more goals, trusting that their goalie can stop breakaways and D can break up odd man rushes.  We're used to seeing tight teams in the Metro with 1-3-1 in the neutral zone and blocking shots, but there's more than one way to win a hockey game, and going out to score more goals than the other team makes sense when your lineup is built that way.  Teams that block shots and play tough hockey pay a physical cost grinding through a game, which we saw first hand with Torts.

50 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Adam Fox. Burn the tape. 

Unpopular opinion but I think I’ve even said it before.. he looks extremely un-dynamic all season now and even going back a ways last season. 

• Applause 1