• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#31) Rangers vs. Edmonton Oilers — It's a Trap (Game)!

Phil

18 minutes ago, fletch said:

I like that the Oilers had to play last night and the Rangers had a couple days to rest.  I like the Rangers chances to win tonight.

I do like their chances, but they better get going right out of the gate. The Oilers scored two on the Devils in the first, then Devils scored three in the second. In the third, the Oilers scored three in little over one minute putting the game out of reach for the NJD.

Yeah, start fast Rangers and keep your foot on the gas. LGR!

• Keeps it 100 1

44 minutes ago, Cr00zng said:

I do like their chances, but they better get going right out of the gate. The Oilers scored two on the Devils in the first, then Devils scored three in the second. In the third, the Oilers scored three in little over one minute putting the game out of reach for the NJD.

Yeah, start fast Rangers and keep your foot on the gas. LGR!

I watched that game too. The moment you take your foot of the gas they score on you before you even know it. Dangerous team. Not gonna be easy. But it’s fair to say devs have problem with goaltending. If Igor shows up as back in day Igor we should be ok

Edited by Art20c

39 minutes ago, Art20c said:

I watched that game too. The moment you take your foot of the gas they score on you before you even know it. Dangerous team. Not gonna be easy. But it’s fair to say devs have problem with goaltending. If Igor shows up as back in day Igor we should be ok

Yeah, the Devs have some goal tender issues; either of our goalies are better on an average day, than close to the best level of their goalies. That will make a difference tonight vs. Edmonton.

Nothing will come easy from now on, teams are ready to roll by now, most if not all worked out the kinks in their system. Everyone is trying to angle for a playoff spot and pick up points wherever they can.....

I’m sorry, but the NHL needs to do better than this shit with ESPN+. Want to stream the games on there? Want to give the fans in or out of market that option? That’s fine, totally fine. But it is simply not fair to these people in their later age, who don’t have any comprehension on how to set this all up, to not be able to watch a game. They need to broadcast these games somewhere too. I just spent an hour trying to explain this over the phone to a neighbor of mine on my way home from work and he has no clue what he’s doing, and I can’t help but feel for people like this. They watch every game and then all of a sudden, they pull this? Again, stream it. That’s fine. But have some fucking compassion for these older people that don’t know what the fuck streaming on ESPN+ even means.

• Bullseye 1
  • Applause 1

17 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I’m sorry, but the NHL needs to do better than this shit with ESPN+. Want to stream the games on there? Want to give the fans in or out of market that option? That’s fine, totally fine. But it is simply not fair to these people in their later age, who don’t have any comprehension on how to set this all up, to not be able to watch a game. They need to broadcast these games somewhere too. I just spent an hour trying to explain this over the phone to a neighbor of mine on my way home from work and he has no clue what he’s doing, and I can’t help but feel for people like this. They watch every game and then all of a sudden, they pull this? Again, stream it. That’s fine. But have some fucking compassion for these older people that don’t know what the fuck streaming on ESPN+ even means.

Even as a young person, it's confusing. 🤣 I watched some of the Coyotes/Sharks game that was on Hulu last night. I don't get ESPN+ though, so I guess I'm screwed out of watching this one altogether?

Edited by Sharpshooter

Just now, Cr00zng said:

@RichieNextel305 I am with you, but….

It was the NHL that auctioned off the game without any regards to the fans, not even requiring that the game can be broadcasted on the local channels. While the NFL has more and more games streamed, at least they are broadcasted on the local market.

NFL is also freezing out fans even if the Prime games are broadcasted only in the local market, what about the rest of the country that wants to watch a stand alone football game who doesn't have Prime?  NFL is the biggest watched sport in the US and there are a lot of people who can't watch.  

Bills/Chargers is strictly on Peacock this coming Sunday.

So these leagues don't care as long as the streaming services get extra $$$.

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Even as a young person, it's confusing. 🤣 I watched some of the Coyotes/Sharks game that was on Hulu last night. I don't get ESPN+ though, so I guess I'm screwed out of watching this one altogether?

ISn’t this game on Hulu as well?