• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Vincent Trocheck's Career-best Pace Is Lifting up Rangers in Every Way: 'Whole Package'

Phil

Trocheck has a hand in so many different aspects of the Rangers’ game, and he’s simply elevated it all in what could pan out to be a career season.

“Like people say, forecheck, backcheck, Trocheck,” Artemi Panarin told The Post with a smile.

“He’s really doing it all, if you think about it,” head coach Peter Laviolette said. “Faceoffs, penalty kill, defensive zone, offensive zone, power play, he’s out there in the final seconds of a tight game. Certainly a good leader. His physical play. I mean, he really brings the whole package and he’s done it consistently.”

The 30-year-old center was charged with coming in and replacing a beloved former Ranger in Ryan Strome last season, when he signed what is now looking like a bargain seven-year, $39.4 million deal.

“He is unbelievable this year,” Panarin said. “Especially [Sunday night], he made huge passes like right at the goal. It’s great to have him on our team, especially on [my] line. I hope he can play like that all year, or [all his] life.”

https://nypost.com/2023/12/11/sports/vincent-trochecks-career-best-pace-is-lifting-up-rangers/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nypost_sitebuttons

• Applause 1

Really liking what Trocheck has been bringing this year. His agitator style is a breathe of fresh air. He has been such a shit starter while playing at that level we were expecting last session.  He still has a bad shot selection,  but it's working. 

I still want him away from Panarin,  but it sounds like Panarin may have fallen in love with this version of Trocheck.  We all have. 

This is God damn hysterical.  

This did it for me.

Poor Parssinen. How can someone just stand there and take that. Nevermind that Forsberg is laughing about it. 

• LOL 1
  • Cheers 1
  • JIMMY! 1

3 hours ago, RangersIn7 said:

Absolutely.

But I never thought at any point last year that he was bad.

Really improved as the year wore on.

And needed that time to adjust.

I don’t think GG helped. 

He went back and forth between ordinary and bad last season. This is the player many thought we were getting.

GG didn't help anything, or anyone, anywhere.