• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#18) Rangers @ Philadelphia Flyers — Food Coma Afternoon Hockey

Morphinity 2.0

29 minutes ago, Pete said:

If Wheeler can do this every night, he'll be good enough on that line. Solves a lot of problems. 

9 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Probably his best game on the club, next to EDM game. And yeah, if this is the Wheeler we get for league min, what a deal. 

Here’s to hoping this is real and he just needed time to adjust and get going.

But he has looked better of late, so tempered optimism 

40 minutes ago, Pete said:

If Wheeler can do this every night, he'll be good enough on that line. Solves a lot of problems. 

He's been skating better the last 4 or 5 games.  It's almost like he's found his stride once he was put up with faster players that offered greater incentives to keep up with them.

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Good confidence booster for Shesterkin and Zibanejad. Casually having another good road trip, going 3-1. Get fucked, Pennsylvania.

I wonder if Shesty took it as a bit of a slight that he got the call today on the road against a trash team instead of tomorrow at home against a premier team in the NHL.

I hope he did. He hasn’t been good enough this year.

Edited by BrooksBurner

7 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I wonder if Shesty took it as a bit of a slight that he got the call today on the road against a trash team instead of tomorrow at home against a premier team in the NHL.

I hope he did. He hasn’t been good enough this year.

But he is the all-time save% leader in NHL history and he's done it through a barrage of shots.

43 minutes ago, Br4d said:

He's been skating better the last 4 or 5 games.  It's almost like he's found his stride once he was put up with faster players that offered greater incentives to keep up with them.

Straight ahead speed was never the issue, it's the change of direction where he struggles and finds himself behind the play. Today, his anticipation seemed better.

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Straight ahead speed was never the issue, it's the change of direction where he struggles and finds himself behind the play. Today, his anticipation seemed better.

His acceleration was really bad the first month of the season.  Like it took him 4 steps to get where everybody else was in 2.  Lately his first couple of steps have looked good and he gets to cruising speed quicker.

• Keeps it 100 1

6 minutes ago, Br4d said:

His acceleration was really bad the first month of the season.  Like it took him 4 steps to get where everybody else was in 2.  Lately his first couple of steps have looked good and he gets to cruising speed quicker.

Agreed, should have said his top speed is OK, and to your point it just takes him too long to get there.

A seemingly rare matinee "W" today in Philly, with all the usual suspects doing "their thing"!

That 4th line has been really fun to watch; the opposing teams are having a tough time even getting the puck way from them, and when it's in our zone, we have Nick Bonino summoning his inner "Gerardi", blocking just about everything!

...and here are the Top 12 nominees for today's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Hickory Farms, when you need a food coma, just have one of their 25 pound turkeys!  ...feels like I ate like I was going to the electric chair!

5 hours ago, phillyb said:

What a fuckin boss. He’s getting one-handed interfered with, sees his opportunity, and LAYS dude the fuck out. 

TROO TROO MOTHER FUCKERS

5 hours ago, Keirik said:

I heart Cuylle 

5 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Lindgren game face! Psycho-killer. Damn the dude looks crazed. 

4 hours ago, jamsim1967 said:

Lindgren, with his game face and that mustache, kind of looks like a young Andy Reid.

4 hours ago, siddious said:

So glad zibanajad is back from IR. 

edit: to avoid confusion I mean IRrelevancy 

4 hours ago, phillyb said:

Mika does more with one hand than my ex did with two!!

4 hours ago, Keirik said:

Flyers media guy can't decide if he's at a rave or should play some more shitty nickelback. Either way it's embarrassing 

4 hours ago, Keirik said:

"It takes the Flyers to make a thing go right...."

-ziby-

4 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Jones picked his pocket like he was a tourist in Times Square. 

4 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Hathaway needs a ride on the 2:40 Trouba train. 

3 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

“Kreider with Wheeler…” is like driving a Ferrari with 3 flats. 

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Packing down points like I did turkey and all the fixings last night.

Another solid 2 points in the bank, and a rough one tomorrow! 

Oh and by the way,  Mika called and said you can take his thread and stuff it!!  😃

…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to Philly @phillyb, who's been on fire this year in the GDT's!  Today was Mika's coming out party for 2023-2024...Now the shit hits the fan!

Let's come home and beat the Bruins tomorrow!!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 4