• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #4] Rangers vs. Nashville Predators — Return of the Mack [Truck]

Phil

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keirik
This post was recognized by Keirik!

Bugg was awarded the badge 'Great Content'

Great Torts story; may have some application to Lav and this evening's post game spread. Who will violate the 5 second rule?

”I was a Tampa Bay Lightning, and we were playing in Buffalo. It was my second year in Tampa with John Tortorella as the coach, and we were on a tough stretch. We had missed the playoffs by a ton, we play Buffalo, and they had a good team back then. We had a four-goal lead heading into the third. And we just lay an egg. We end up losing, and we come back to the dressing room, and Torts is just going bananas. He’s flipping garbage cans; he’s throwing sticks.”
”In Buffalo, they have these buffalo wings in the dressing room after, and they’re unbelievable. You could see all the guys; we all looked around the room like, ’Oh God, don’t dump the buffalo wings. Please, don’t do it.’ But sure enough, after he threw a couple of sticks and garbage cans, he was just about to leave the room, and boom, he dumped the buffalo wings all over the dressing room. He leaves the room, and we all just look around at each other like, ’Okay, who’s going to be the first guy who picks up that buffalo wings off the floor?’ I got to be honest; I dusted them off and had a couple of buffalo wings. But man, when he dumped those chicken wings — the look on those guys’ faces — we were more upset about that than blowing a four-goal lead in the third period.”
– Shane O'Brien on the Missin Curfew Podcast

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LMFAO 2

Is it fair to conclude that this team is just really slow?  Like Nashville is pressuring them all over but I actually think that’s more a result of the Rangers being unable to skate with speed more so than how effective Nashville is.

1 minute ago, JHS said:

Is it fair to conclude that this team is just really slow?  Like Nashville is pressuring them all over but I actually think that’s more a result of the Rangers being unable to skate with speed more so than how effective Nashville is.

Simply spare opening night they don't win a lot of puck battles.

2 minutes ago, JHS said:

Realistically its a team being asked to play a lot more calculated than the last two years. They're learning playoff hockey now. They better make it though. Time will tell. Still way too early. 

Just now, RJWantsTheCup said:

Chytil and Lafraniere moved off Panarin line.  

Back to the bottom 6 for Laf-  only took 4 games( or exactly as long as every other time he was given top 6 minutes earlier in his career.)

8 minutes ago, JHS said:

The solution for greater speed is usually significant body checks everywhere. Your point is def valid!

4 minutes ago, JHS said:

I think both Columbus and Nashville have really good defensive structure and can really clamp down defensively with a lead.  They don’t allow a lot of open ice or cross-ice passes.  If you aren’t willing to simplify, get pucks to net, forecheck, and work for chances, they are not going to give up much.