• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ballsy Predictions: 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs Edition

LindG1000

6 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

That secondary assist on Kreider's second goal didn't do anything for you?

I rather see Tarasenko on the first pp unit than Kane.

Kane's inability to get the puck deep and his way too slow decisions are maddening for such a highly skilled veteran player.   Pretty sure we sold damaged goods.

1 minute ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I rather see Tarasenko on the first pp unit than Kane.

Kane's inability to get the puck deep and his way too slow decisions are maddening for such a highly skilled veteran player.   Pretty sure we sold damaged goods.

I was being sarcastic, but yes. lol There was probably a reason we didn't have to give up a whole lot for Kane. I think when they acquired him it sounded like he was definitely going to need surgery and perhaps miss some time next season too? I don't remember exactly.

But yeah, Tarasenko totally deserves to be on PP1. I absolutely love his game here.

• Keeps it 100 1

12 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Is it ballsy to say their best player will win the Conn Smythe?

I would say yes. First they need to win the cup and Fox needs to beat Zibanejad/Panarin/Shesterkin for the Conn Smythe. Even Tank and Kreids could make a push for it.

Fox odds for winning it is 41 (same as Zib), Shesterkin is the Rangers with the lowest odds at 21. (And yes I use regular odds format like a normal person).

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I would say yes. First they need to win the cup and Fox needs to beat Zibanejad/Panarin/Shesterkin for the Conn Smythe. Even Tank and Kreids could make a push for it.

Fox odds for winning it is 41 (same as Zib), Shesterkin is the Rangers with the lowest odds at 21. (And yes I use regular odds format like a normal person).

He wouldn’t need to win the Cup, just reach the SCF. It’s even ballsier to say he’d win on the losing team.

Has only happened 5 times and not since Giguere did it in 2003.

21 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Is it ballsy to say their best player will win the Conn Smythe?

Yes? 

I dunno. 

Seems like a longshot to me. He hasn't really had a dominant season. The points are there, but I wasn't wowed by him as much as i was in years prior. He went 24 games without a goal and IMO wasn't as much of a factor on the PP this season.  Idk. It's whacky to say, because of the 74 points he accumulated,  but it was kind of a meh season from him. 

I'd think Zibanejad, Tarasenko  or Shesterkin are better bets to win it.

If this doesn't qualify,  then I guess I'll go with Goodrow will outscore Lafrenière through out the playoffs.  

38 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yes? 

I dunno. 

Seems like a longshot to me. He hasn't really had a dominant season. The points are there, but I wasn't wowed by him as much as i was in years prior. He went 24 games without a goal and IMO wasn't as much of a factor on the PP this season.  Idk. It's whacky to say, because of the 74 points he accumulated,  but it was kind of a meh season from him. 

I'd think Zibanejad, Tarasenko  or Shesterkin are better bets to win it.

If this doesn't qualify,  then I guess I'll go with Goodrow will outscore Lafrenière through out the playoffs.  

Lol I’m just busting your chops, mostly because you posted it after Fox put up a 4 pt G1.

@Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc did the dirty work convincing me it’s ballsy enough. There’s another in this thread that just says the Rangers will win the Cup, so if that’s the baseline of ballsy then you’re good 🤷‍♂️

45 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Lol I’m just busting your chops, mostly because you posted it after Fox put up a 4 pt G1.

@Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc did the dirty work convincing me it’s ballsy enough. There’s another in this thread that just says the Rangers will win the Cup, so if that’s the baseline of ballsy then you’re good 🤷‍♂️

Oh shit, I didn't even notice he had a 4 point night.