• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 ECQF: Bruins vs. Panthers

Phil

Who wins?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Bruins in 4
    • Bruins in 5
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7
    • Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Phil unpinned this topic
35 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Kreiders Rider and @Keirik you magnificent psychics — what's the PowerBall?

Considering I accidentally also predicted @siddious the final score of last night's game when it was 1-1 and somehow channeled my inner beastie boys to have msg play ",youve gotta fight for your right to party" I did actually play powerball of all the goal scorers last night and inverted tank and ziby since the numbers don't go up that far. 

Fingers crossed ! 

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

They should have listened to old Brooksy. I didn’t always used to get beat up on the short bus. I know some things about stick and puck

when you refer to Brooksy, I think of Shawshank Redemption lol

• Applause 1

One thing that just popped into my head was that Bobrovsky was the goalie for Columbus when they swept Tampa Bay in 2019 and now the goalie for Florida when they knock out the Bruins. The two biggest upsets in the history of the sport. Two of the biggest anyway.

Stunning series!!!  MAJOR kudos to the Cats for playing a magnificent series!  What a great effort to squeeze that one in with the goalie yanked in the last minute!

Fucking team went berserk when they scored!  ...reminded me of Matteau a little!

Cats take out the Leafs in 6!

13 hours ago, Pete said:

That's a terrible goal to give up. 

Love that the ref was on a hot mic telling someone "don't fuckin test me."

Highlight of the game!!!  I didn't know what he said, all I heard was "Don't fuck with me!", or something like that!!!  LOL

9 hours ago, Keirik said:

All I know if that I don't want to hear any bs of a record setting season for thr Bruins when they get ousted in the 1st round. 

Pundits are gonna have a field day with this 

Was saying before, if playoffs were included in regular season rewards then does Ullmark truly deserve the Vezina? Put up a true stinker of a series.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, Cash or Czech said:

Was saying before, if playoffs were included in regular season rewards then does Ullmark truly deserve the Vezina? Put up a true stinker of a series.

He won't win a Conn Smythe, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't win the Vezina. 

3 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

I think it just shows his regular season was a result of Boston's play, and not necessarily his. When Boston crumbled, Ullmark did as well. 

It doesn't matter it's a regular season award. You can only stop the pucks that come at you, and he did that better than almost anyone.

There are pretty good teams that suffered from pretty atrocious goaltending, look at Florida. 

1 hour ago, Cash or Czech said:

I think that depends on how the rest of the playoffs play out. Right now, I'd still give it to him in such a scenario. His regular season was so good despite the smaller body of work (only 48 games). Per naturalstattrick, even though he had 10-15 fewer games, he led starters in GSAA (48.54, next closest Sorokin 36.12 in 13 more games), and was 5th amongst starters in HDGSAA. Ullmark is a good goalie, but he's not that good. Even Swayman in 37 games was 11th in GSAA (15.27) and 8th in HDGSAA. That's a guy who played 25 less games than most of the starters, finishing 11th and 8th in key categories. Those aren't per 60s either. Those are totals. That's nuts. The warning signs were flashing here that Boston may be overrated and dependent on unsustainable goaltending. That kind of sounds familiar, eh?

Ullmark played extremely well the first 4 games of the series. It was looking like more of the same. Then he slipped big time in games 5 and 6. IMO it was obvious he got tired. Montgomery misplayed the goalies in this series. Alternating the goalies all season and then asking a goalie, who hasn't proven he can shoulder the whole load, to shoulder the whole load. That's just so incredibly mind boggling and classic overthinking from a coach.

4 hours ago, Pete said:

He won't win a Conn Smythe, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't win the Vezina. 

The bruins would trade every ancillary trophy for the cup as would any team

be that as it may I hope they win them all and when people read about they will see they were bounced in the first round