• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 ECQF: Bruins vs. Panthers

Phil

Who wins?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Bruins in 4
    • Bruins in 5
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7
    • Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

If the Rangers don't win tomorrow I'll be even more annoyed because Boston is the only team I think the Rangers had no shot of beating.

Not to mention home ice possibilities

1 minute ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Came back from 3-1 down to win in game 7 OT after tying it with 1 minutes left in regulation. This must've been a crazy series to watch as a Panthers fan.

Probably the biggest win in the history of their franchise, at the very least alongside the 1996 run.

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

People call it a curse. But hey, when the Rangers won it, they made it to the Conference Final. Since then two great teams, the 2018 Lightning and the 2022 got upset in the first round.

Pressure is on you

florida is no joke despite a rough year

very pleased

On 4/17/2023 at 8:55 AM, BrooksBurner said:

Even though I picked B’s in 4, they need to be careful. They are facing a team that won the President’s Trophy last year with a high octane offense, mixed with experiencing a crushing second round sweep to the Lightning. There’s room for a surprise similar to Lightning/Jackets from 4 years ago.

They should have listened to old Brooksy. I didn’t always used to get beat up on the short bus. I know some things about stick and puck

8 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

A big reason Treveling doesn't have a job anymore.

Yup. I don’t think there was anything he could do to keep him, but the choice in return was absolutely brutal. He needed to stock up on prospects and picks. He probably could have gotten multiple first round picks, and a quality young roster player and prospect.

Florida is gonna be a tough out.  Everyone is going to pick Toronto over them but I think they win that and quite possible make it to the SCF.  Classic example of underachieving during regular season but finding your stride when it matters.

Idk how many times I said in the last two months I didn’t understand what was so special about the Bruins roster. Not as good as the Rangers roster. They played really well as a team, but only have one elite forward and got unsustainable goaltending from mediocre goalies.

With all that said, as overrated as I thought they might be, I genuinely thought they would win this pretty handidly and then lose in the 2nd round. Setting the NHL points record and then losing to Florida after being up 3-1 is a historic choke job. That’s 19-0 Pats losing the the Geeeeeeemen in the Super Bowl levels of choke.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2