• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Locked in 3rd in Metro

Keirik

• Keirik changed the title to Rangers Locked in 3rd in Metro

Rangers are going to have their work cut out for them no matter who they play.  This team has a habit of doing things the hard way in the playoffs.  They need to learn to win a series in less than 7 games.  I would prefer to pull NJ in the first round because I just feel it would be better logistically for the team.  Its basically all home games as far as travel is considered.

I would love to see Pit's playoff streak come to an end but then that means the NYI are in.  I don't know about you guys but the distraught looks on my friends faces when the Isles blow it will never get old.  I don't trust that team to make the playoffs and just roll over and die.  Best case scenario, they make it in as WC2 and give Boston a long physical 7 game series.  For what though?  To make it easier for the winner of TOR/TB?  

Do we want to take our chances with Vasi and TB again should both teams make it to the ECF?  

Do we want to take our chances with a most likely hot TOR team in the ECF that had to beat TB and probably BOS to get there?  Could you imagine how rabid that fanbase would be?

I can come up with a slew of reasons to not want to play any of these teams.  But you know what?  The fans of those teams are likely saying the same thing about our guys.  Who the fuck wants to play a hot Igor right now?  Who wants to play this stacked forward group?  The Rangers should be feared just as much as I/we fear anyone else.  

Toronto literally has nothing to play for either tomorrow night. They're locked in as ATL2 just as we're locked in as MET3.  Tomorrow night's game will probably be a snoozer with both teams resting key players.  I just hope whoever does skate in blue tomorrow night takes the game seriously and we head into the playoffs after a strong dominating win.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

New Jersey isn't playoff tested but I'm not so sure if the best matchup for this team is actually Carolina. New Jersey's speed, Jack Hughes...just not a good matchup for this Rangers team in my opinion. Can the Rangers beat them in five? Sure, but I think this team just matches up better with how Carolina plays. Having said that, if they're still all over the place defensively and don't patch that up,  they're going to have a hard time with anybody.

Of course with the way Igor has looked, the kid line, Tarasenko, Panarin, etc., I'm more positive going in with any of the two first round match ups. The East is just so incredibly competitive that two really good teams are going to go out in the first round.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bieser said:

I'd rather play the Canes.  We could roll either team or lay an egg.  Why risk laying an egg to your hated rival?

But it will be so sweet to watch Trouba re-enter his villain era again againt NJ and knock a few guys out.

Like imagine Trouba catches Nico Hishcier with his head down, we go up 2-0 in the series at their rink, and we get to watch Devils fans cry about it. 🍆 material

• JIMMY! 1

Devils actually have a bunch of players that have played 30+ games in the playoffs.  So they do have some experience, just not the experience as a team in the playoffs.  This is why they paid Palat (138 playoff games), Haula has played about 60, Hamiton 50+, Tartar Sauce 40, Brendan Smith 50+, Meier 35 games.

Im all in for the Rangers to play Carolina, Rangers have owned Carolina except in the bubble.  

43 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

now that the game against Toronto is literally as meangingless as it can be, would be nice if we could call up a player or two from hartford to get a game, maybe let a goalie like Garand make his NHL debut. But there's 0 cap space to do it lol. Unless there's some kind of rule I don't know about they can utilize?

Best they can do is sit one player and put in Harpur.....I'd consider sitting Fox to give him a breather

• Applause 1

3 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Best they can do is sit one player and put in Harpur.....I'd consider sitting Fox to give him a breather

Definitely hope they do that. Don't need to risk an injury there

My new proposed rule the NHL should adapt. If two teams are playing eachother, and both their places in the standings are guaranteed, the salary cap ends like it does in the playoffs lol

33 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Im all in for the Rangers to play Carolina, Rangers have owned Carolina except in the bubble.  

The past 4 seasons the record has been 14-12 vs Carolina. Not exactly what I’d call ownership. 

• Bullseye 1