• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#65) Rangers at Buffalo Sabres — Drury Send His Regards

Phil

38 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

If there's a time to finally start Igor in back to back games, especially after a performance like this, it is now.

for anyone has has been paying attention from my short time already on these boards is I'm not the biggest Halak fan at all. I would start Shesty every game from here on out if I could. 

9 minutes ago, NYRangers93 said:

for anyone has has been paying attention from my short time already on these boards is I'm not the biggest Halak fan at all. I would start Shesty every game from here on out if I could. 

Halak had a very good stretch and he was the better goalie for a month or two easily. Shesterkin tonight looked like last year. How many times have we said this season that Igor stole a game for us? Not many. Tonight was one. Now that we're in the home stretch here, sixteen games left, maybe play Halak three of them at most.

Now more than any is the time to get Igor playing a bulk of games and hopefully getting him going and confident going into the playoffs.

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Keeps it 100 1

41 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Team is rough to watch at times. Really don’t know how you give up those kinds of chances in this kind of game with a couple min or less left. It should embarrass the players, yeah, but it should especially embarrass Gallant as the coach. He doesn’t seem to give a shit though.

Gallant gives a shit, but as a players coach he will not throw anybody under the bus, even though he should. They do not play like a team who is the least bit interested in winning.

16 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Mmm not really seeing that we got dumped on here. Was an extremely close and even game the whole time until like five mins left in the third. We dominated OT - Buffalo didn’t even touch the puck. 

Joe mentioned it in the broadcast... Panarin made a huge play on that face-off to start Ot to gain possession of the puck. 

Edited by NYRangers93

14 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

This is how we do it..... team D.

Gross. Terrible and lazy stick checks by Kreider and Kakko. Weird twirl attempt at defense by Trouba, slid away from the slot why? I don’t know what the fuck Miller is doing in the background, as usual he’s on nobody and making sure to be away from any contact. Only Rangers skater doing a reasonably good job on this is Trocheck.

Tough one to watch today.  Not exactly a clinic out there.  We get 2 points but I'm really not very impressed.

...And here are the Top 4 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”.

7 hours ago, Pete said:

Black and red slug face jerseys?

Lemme get the lotion and tissues. 

7 hours ago, Dem said:

By the way whoever posted that they hear the Ricolla commercial whenever he hears Mikkola FU. Now I hear that shit everytime they say his name.....and I curse you lol

6 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Nate Thompson strong on the puck like Kreider. Oh, wait, not Kreider. 

5 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Fantastic game from the New York Shesterkins.

Not exactly the game I wanted to see but whatever...We get 2 points and move on.…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Sharpshooter Sharpy! 

It was all about Igor for sure, my man!  I almost shit my pants in that last minute, but Igor was back in playoff form thank god!

We better get our shit together for the Pens this we
ek!

• Cheers 2

Yeah, those last ninety seconds or so were hairy. The Rangers still have work to do, but I expected a hard game from Buffalo after getting embarrassed their last game. They are fast and have a lot of young talent. These last couple of games have been quite ugly, but they won both despite never leading at any point.

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Keeps it 100 1