• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The 2022-2023 Rangers: What Is the Answer?

RichieNextel305

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Unless Kreider flat out turned it down (I don't see why he would), then there was absolutely no reason to give it to anyone else.

maybe not in Kreider's eyes.  There was lots of talk about him possibly being named a captain one day.  Maybe he was hoping he'd be picked.  

If i were Kreider i'd tell Panarin to ask for a trade. lol

1 minute ago, CCCP said:

maybe not in Kreider's eyes.  There was lots of talk about him possibly being named a captain one day.  Maybe he was hoping he'd be picked.  

If i were Kreider i'd tell Panarin to ask for a trade. lol

I just felt, being the elder statesman of the franchise and all now, it would be a no brainer. The last two or three years, especially last year, he was really embracing it and enjoying taking people under his wing, or at least taking on more leadership. I thought he was literally waving right in their faces, "Hey, I would love to be captain!".

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I just felt, being the elder statesman of the franchise and all now, it would be a no brainer. The last two or three years, especially last year, he was really embracing it and enjoying taking people under his wing, or at least taking on more leadership. I thought he was literally waving right in their faces, "Hey, I would love to be captain!".

Kreider?  i felt he was too much into bromance with Zib.  Just too much hugging and ass grabbing for a captain. 

4 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Team definitely needs some sort of a defensive structure but it could use a lineup with more energy.

Maybe try

Kreider Zibanejad Gauthier

Panarin Chytil Kakko

Lafraniere Trochek Vesey

Goodrow Rydahl Trivigno

Waive Carpenter.  Use Blais as 13th forward.

Trade Kravtsov & Jones for a 3rd pair LD.

The marriage of Kreider and Zibanejad probably has to be broken up.  It's time.  Marry Panarin and Zibanejad instead and give them the best possible RW (probably Kakko).

Line 2 is Kreider-Chytil-Lafreniere.

Line 3 is (call up a kid) - Trocheck - Gauthier.

Line 4 is Blais - Goodrow - Vesey

Top 3 lines all have some energy at the same time for the first time all season.

The Rangers aren't going to fix what's wrong by recycling the same ideas they have been using for the last two seasons.  Time to find some new ideas.

7 minutes ago, Br4d said:

The marriage of Kreider and Zibanejad probably has to be broken up.  It's time.  Marry Panarin and Zibanejad instead and give them the best possible RW (probably Kakko).

Line 2 is Kreider-Chytil-Lafreniere.

Line 3 is (call up a kid) - Trocheck - Gauthier.

Line 4 is Blais - Goodrow - Vesey

Top 3 lines all have some energy at the same time for the first time all season.

The Rangers aren't going to fix what's wrong by recycling the same ideas they have been using for the last two seasons.  Time to find some new ideas.

I'm all for a shakeup, but Zib and Panarin have never had the magic.

• Bullseye 1
  • TroCheckmark 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

I still think you can shuffle the deck chairs as much as you want...shit ain't happenin'!

Until this team decides to play as a unit of 5, be responsible defensively, getting pucks out of our fucking zone effectively, then getting pucks deep and chasing instead of watching, then we'll see some improvement.  Until then I think it's just a jerk-off session.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 2

They don't play like a team. They play like a bunch of guys who get together every Friday night in a beer league (more talented obviously). They play hard in spurts, but eventually revert back to looking as if they don't really give a shit while they wait for the final horn. Sure change the lines, might get lucky, but until they hire someone who will hold the players accountable it won't amount to a hill of beans. The big question is whether Drury will pull the trigger this soon on his first hire.

You would think that at the NHL level players would be able to hold themselves accountable, but here we are.