• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #23) Rangers vs. New Jersey Devils — The Greatest Trick the Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing the Rangers They Were Good

Phil

I’m pro Gallant. I know a lot of people here are and a lot aren’t. I’m not looking to start a debate over his positives and negatives.

But, I honestly for the first time would not be surprised to see something happen there. I think it’s getting close to “do something” time for Drury. And there isn’t a whole lot that he can do.

• Bullseye 1

2 minutes ago, torontonyr said:

I think we at least give Gallant one more game after this, the Devil's have been unstoppable as of late so you probably want to crystalize your direction based on a more relative quantity. But, times ticking.

agreed wait for Stuetzle to get me a couple hat tricks on my fantasy team before they can his ass 

2 minutes ago, torontonyr said:

I think we at least give Gallant one more game after this, the Devil's have been unstoppable as of late so you probably want to crystalize your direction based on a more relative quantity. But, times ticking.

While that's true, I really don't think that means you wait to do something or else it'll be a few more days of this crap. Doing it now is by no means a knee jersey reaction. I don't care how great the Devils look.

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

I’m pro Gallant. I know a lot of people here are and a lot aren’t. I’m not looking to start a debate over his positives and negatives.

But, I honestly for the first time would not be surprised to see something happen there. I think it’s getting close to “do something” time for Drury. And there isn’t a whole lot that he can do.

Kind of curious why you are pro-Gallant?

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

One more game?  They've been shit vs. terrible teams before the Devils game....This should just be the icing on the cake.  If you can't get up for a rival team that is across the river from you, then you need to be canned.  

Yup especially a rival that's been dominating the league and it would've been a statement game for the Rangers to have a bounce back win tonight, but man they can't even fucking get up for that. 

One more game?  They've been shit vs. terrible teams before the Devils game....This should just be the icing on the cake.  If you can't get up for a rival team that is across the river from you, then you need to be canned.  

Yup especially a rival that's been dominating the league and it would've been a statement game for the Rangers to have a bounce back win tonight, but man they can't even fucking get up for that. 

I understand, but optically - you're firing a coach for not being able to beat the best team in the league right now.

I know the context is important, but it doesn't land.