• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #23) Rangers vs. New Jersey Devils — The Greatest Trick the Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing the Rangers They Were Good

Phil

BSBH Game Day Thread Logo

REGULAR SEASON GAME #23 — 11/28/22

NYR Logo Reflection vs Opponent Logo Reflection

Time: 7:00 PM
TV: NHLN, MSG, MSGSN
Radio: 98.7 FM, 107.1 FM, 710 AM, Sirius XM

USEFUL LINKS:

Coverage: @NYP_BrooksieMollieeWalkerr@ColinSNewsday@vzmercogliano@StapeAthletic

Team Official: @NYRangersNYR on Instagram

Official Team Websites: rangers.nhl.comdevils.nhl.com

GameCenter - here

NYR Logo

Standings:

RECORD:

POSITION:

ROW:

P%:

HOME:

AWAY:

S/O:

LAST 10:

STREAK:

10-8-4 (24 Points)

5th — Metropolitan

4-4-3

6-4-1

0-1

4-4-2

L2

Team Statistics:

DIFF:

GF/GP:

GA/GP:

PP%:

PK%:

Corsi For (CF)%:

+4 (11th)

3.00 (19th)

2.77 (8th)

21.3% (18th)

81.8% (8th)

53.1% (5th)

Team Leaders:

Goals:

Assists:

+/-:

PIM:

TOI/G (D):

TOI/G (F):

Mika Zibanejad, Chris Kreider (10)

Artemi Panarin (19)

Adam Fox, Artemi Panarin (24)

Adam Fox (+8)

Ryan Lindgren (25)

Adam Fox (24:54)

Mika Zibanejad (21:00)

Starting Lineup:^

Chris Kreider A / Mika Zibanejad A / Jimmy Vesey
Artemi Panarin A  / Filip Chytil / Kaapo Kakko
Alexis Lafrenière / Vincent Trocheck / Barclay Goodrow A
Sammy Blais / Ryan Carpenter / Julien Gauthier

Ryan Lindgren / Adam Fox
K'Andre Miller / Jacob Trouba C
Libor Hajek / Braden Schneider

^Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Igor Shesterkin

GS:

REC:

SV%:

GAA:

SO:

10-3-3

Healthy Scratches:

Zac Jones, Vitali Kravtsov

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

N/A

Opponent Logo

Standings:

RECORD:

POSITION:

ROW:

P%:

HOME:

AWAY:

S/O:

LAST 10:

STREAK:

18-4-0 (34 Points)

1st — Metropolitan

9-3-0

9-1-0

0-0

9-1-0

W2

Team Statistics:

DIFF:

GF/GP:

GA/GP:

PP%:

PK%:

Corsi For (CF)%:

+34 (2nd)

3.73 (3rd)

2.18 (1st)

20.3% (22nd)

81.9% (7th)

57.7% (2nd)

Team Leaders:

Goals:

Assists:

+/-:

PIM:

TOI/G (D):

TOI/G (F):

Jack Hughes (11)

Jesper Bratt (17)

Jack Hughes, Jesper Bratt (25)

Jonas Siegenthaler (+23)

Miles Wood (35)

John Marino (21:38)

Nico Hischier (19:42)

Starting Lineup:^

Tomas Tatar / Nico Hischier C / Jesper Bratt
Erik Haula / Jack Hughes A / Dawson Mercer
Yegor Sharangovich / Jesper Boqvist / Fabian Zetterlund
Miles Wood / Michael McLeod / Nathan Bastian

Jonas Siegenthaler / Dougie Hamilton
Ryan Graves / John Marino
Brendan Smith / Damon Severson

^Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Vitek Vanacek

GS:

REC:

SV%:

GAA:

SO:

10-2-0

Healthy Scratches:

Alexander Holtz, Kevin Bahl

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

Mackenzie Blackwood [IR] — MCL Sprain; Out since Nov 12
Ondrej Palat [IR] — Groin injury; Out 8-to-10 weeks since Nov 8
Jonathan Bernier [LTIR] — LTIRetirement?

QUOTE(S) TO NOTE:

"Every loss, the same story.”

— Chris Kreider

IMG to CRY:

195ec990-2825-41f3-aa6a-ea2f179c985b.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • The Chyt! 1

• Phil changed the title to [RS #23) Rangers vs. New Jersey Devils — The Greatest Trick the Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing the Rangers They Were Good
3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Typical game we win, just to cover up all the blemishes....you'll see.

False sense of security starts tonight.....

Yeah, no. This is the biggest scheduled loss yet this season. They're gonna get thumped. Guessing like 5-1 Devils.

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Yeah, no. This is the biggest scheduled loss yet this season. They're gonna get thumped. Guessing like 5-1 Devils.

We've seen this so many times, boss.  They come out, win a tough one like tonight, then rattle off a couple against OTT and Chicago.  It makes things look better in the standings and guys rack up some points to make it look pretty with metrics....

But the underlying problems still lurk, and will rear their ugly heads again as soon as we play St Louis next Monday.

The game to really watch is going to be against Colorado next Thursday....THAT'S when we'll see what's really up.

16 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

We've seen this so many times, boss.  They come out, win a tough one like tonight, then rattle off a couple against OTT and Chicago.  It makes things look better in the standings and guys rack up some points to make it look pretty with metrics....

But the underlying problems still lurk, and will rear their ugly heads again as soon as we play St Louis next Monday.

The game to really watch is going to be against Colorado next Thursday....THAT'S when we'll see what's really up.

I said that was going to happen against Edmonton after shitting the bet against Anaheim. lol

28 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I said that was going to happen against Edmonton after shitting the bet against Anaheim. lol

I don't even think Edmonton is that good, Sharpy.  They have the same issues as us...can't defend, 5V5 sucks and only lean on 3 players to score....you know the story!!  LOL

The Devils are actually a very good looking team right now.  Young, and improving...WITH DIRECTION....  😉

Just now, Ozzy said:

I don't even think Edmonton is that good, Sharpy.  They have the same issues as us...can't defend, 5V5 sucks and only lean on 3 players to score....you know the story!!  LOL

The Devils are actually a very good looking team right now.  Young, and improving...WITH DIRECTION....  😉

Agreed, but Edmonton is still a dynamic team offensively and shouldn't be taken lightly. But, going in, after coming off an awful loss and given the Oilers' shortcomings, I could sense a big rebound. I was correct for two periods. The Devils start was no fluke. They've been flying all season long here, around the quarter point of the season. Last year we were young and improving and it felt like there was direction. Basically the opposite of everything good last season has reared its ugly head so far this year. The mojo, the character, everything has just done a complete 180.

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Agreed, but Edmonton is still a dynamic team offensively and shouldn't be taken lightly. But, going in, after coming off an awful loss and given the Oilers' shortcomings, I could sense a big rebound. I was correct for two periods. The Devils start was no fluke. They've been flying all season long here, around the quarter point of the season. Last year we were young and improving and it felt like there was direction. Basically the opposite of everything good last season has reared its ugly head so far this year. The mojo, the character, everything has just done a complete 180.

I gotcha...

I just feel like we could beat Edmonton going into that game.  I don't think anyone gives us a snowballs' chance in hell with tonight's game.  That's exactly why I think this one, of all games, is the one we win.

Oh don't worry, it won't go easy!!!  LOL

2 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

Hughes is going to skate circles around Trouba tonight

It's all good while there's barely a shift Hughes isn't noticeable for one reason or another. Our guy is strong on the puck.  Our other guy is noticeable too!, for barely being able to catch his breath.  Cringeworthy.

Igor better be the Igor from last year or this one could get ugly. On the flip side a win here is pretty meaningless if they then throw it away in the next one.

By all means start with all 19 guys on the ice play with a sack and with their heads out of their asses.  Otherwise the "soft" memes will be out in full force. 

3 hours ago, Phil said:

5-1 feels optimistic. The Devils have been absolutely decimating good teams in November. This has the potential to be an ugly 7-2 or 8-2 type of a loss.

Edited by Karan
  • Keeps it 100 1

Just now, Karan said:

5-1 feels optimistic. The Devils have been absolutely decimating good teams in November. This has the potential to be an ugly 7-2 or 8-2 type of a loss. And Devils have a chance to become the first team to win 16 games in a month...

If thats the case, then I'd stay away from James Dolan if I were Drury.  

3 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

If thats the case, then I'd stay away from James Dolan if I were Drury.  

Drury's still wearing his immunity idol until the end of the season. Gallant might want to have his Uber app updated on his phone though.