• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Blank Jerseys — Good or Bad?

BrooksBurner

As in the back? 

i think I have 2? They were on sale. 

As I get older, I like names in the back more as I’m not wearing for fashion. As long as you aren’t stupid buying a valliquette jesrsey or shit like that 

They have a lot of “safe” names that should stand the test of time Kreider, Zibanejad, Panarin, Shesterkin, Fox… even Trouba, Lafreniere and Kakko

• Phil changed the title to Blank Jerseys — Good or Bad?

Jerseys are dumb. You playing? No. So why wear it? 

I haven't bought a jersey since my ex got me a nice replica Nash jersey (I'm pretty sure she used my credit card) for Christmas a long time ago.  Never wore it to anything but a game.  Made her wear it as jam jams. 

If your not in high-school, I see no reason to wear a jersey in public. Not practical.  Unless you want a dude or 2 to say "Let's go Rangers" to you and have it be all awkward.  "Yeah ....... man... uhhhh, Let's go... Rangers.."

It's pretty much the thing that there's nothing wrong with.  

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

30 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I haven't bought a jersey since my ex got me a nice replica Nash jersey (I'm pretty sure she used my credit card) for Christmas a long time ago.  Never wore it to anything but a game.  Made her wear it as jam jams. 

If your not in high-school, I see no reason to wear a jersey in public. Not practical.  Unless you want a dude or 2 to say "Let's go Rangers" to you and have it be all awkward.  "Yeah ....... man... uhhhh, Let's go... Rangers.."

Was she trying to tell you she didn’t want you to score when it counted either?

• LMFAO 2
  • The Chyt! 2
  • Cheers 1

I was the opposite. I used to be a blank guy, but if I were to buy a jersey nowadays (not likely) I'd get a name. I'd probably go with the name of a legend who wore that specific jersey or a long-signed player on the team currently with no shot of being traded (Fox, Zibanejad, Trouba LOL) . I don't like to idea of getting, say, a Lundqvist reverse retro jersey.

I mentioned in the Sharks game day thread the other night, I only own two  Rangers jerseys.  One is a 25 year old Pat Lafontaine jersey as I was always a fan of his and was excited he joined the Rangers.  That obviously didn’t last long. The other is a white home Beezer jersey I got in the 80’s.  Don’t know where that one is actually and would never wear it again.

For me, the idea of a having a favorite player and showing my fandom by wearing their jersey was cool when I was a kid, but now I’d feel silly having a favorite player jersey as many of the players are half my age.

I did look at the NHL Shop recently and saw they have some hoodies which look jersey-like with the striping which are kind of cool.  I’d feel more comfortable wearing a team hoodie than a jersey.

Now, how about some funny custom jerseys?  Maybe a Graves 9 with the “G” and “S” removed ala “Big Daddy”?  Or celebrate our beloved Sam Rosen with a Rosen 1 jersey. 😁

Edited by deejaid

On 11/19/2022 at 8:01 PM, rmc51 said:

Thinking about a new jersey. I never liked blank ones growing up, but now as I’ve gotten older I think I like the idea. Plus other than Fox and Zibanejad I dunno who to expect to be here long term.

Its all good if the player moves on, depending on the player...

Like I saw 2 jet fans wearing a darnold and sanchez jersey at a game recently...🤮

If i had a zuccarello jersey now ide have no problem wearing it for eternity

1 hour ago, Flynn said:

Any choice other than Dale Purinton is not only incorrect, but embarrassing if we are being honest here. 

Yea no one cares about your Leetch jersey. Gotta get someone random so people can be like “is that a _________ jersey!?”

my vote is brodzinski 

Edited by siddious

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

2 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Buying jerseys when you're a grown man is a bad look.

bdb.jpg

• LMFAO 1
  • Applause 1