• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Blank Jerseys — Good or Bad?

BrooksBurner

Guys who turn their weddings into a celebration of their teams are losers, because they are getting married to someone desperate enough to permit it.

Okay, an old timers story.  The whole jersey thing hadn't started when I was a kid.  Gerry Cosby was not selling replicas.  The place to go for a somewhat inferior (letters were two, rather than three dimensional) Rangers simulated jersey was The Paragon down on 18th street.  I got mine in 1969, No. 19.  My buddy got No. 18.  The jersey served a purpose, as Ratelle was appearing at a youth hockey event a few weeks later, and there I was with his sweater, so the Newsday fotog took my picture with him.

44 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

Guys who turn their weddings into a celebration of their teams are losers, because they are getting married to someone desperate enough to permit it.

You might want to walk that back a bit. My wife’s wedding vows including her understanding that I’m busy when it’s Rangers game time. 

Maybe my wife is desperate. She did marry me. But still, cringe thing to say brother. 

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

You might want to walk that back a bit. My wife’s wedding vows including her understanding that I’m busy when it’s Rangers game time. 

Maybe my wife is desperate. She did marry me. But still, cringe thing to say brother. 

Okay, I take it back, so long as no jerseys were involved in the ceremony.

• LMFAO 1
  • The Chyt! 1

4 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

Okay, I take it back, so long as no jerseys were involved in the ceremony.

Lol all good. I get your point and agree to a certain degree. But hey, we all got our thing and theme right? 
to dive deeper, I met my wife playing soccer in a co-Ed league and we both are Manchester United fans so my vows I’m ldubig making I save time for us to watch our favorite soccer team together as well. 

15 hours ago, CCCP said:

how about that guy who sings with a guitar?  i fucking cringe and want to kick a cat when i see that commercial 

Hey @Keirik, @RJWantsTheCup, I think I'm gonna break out the ol' 6 string Martin, and do my own little Rangers song one night.  My lyrics are gonna be a little different though, I can promise ya that!!!  LOL

• The Chyt! 1
  • Applause 1

12 hours ago, Sod16 said:

Okay, an old timers story.  The whole jersey thing hadn't started when I was a kid.  Gerry Cosby was not selling replicas.  The place to go for a somewhat inferior (letters were two, rather than three dimensional) Rangers simulated jersey was The Paragon down on 18th street.  I got mine in 1969, No. 19.  My buddy got No. 18.  The jersey served a purpose, as Ratelle was appearing at a youth hockey event a few weeks later, and there I was with his sweater, so the Newsday fotog took my picture with him.

🤬 I proposed to my now wife at center ice at MSG....wearing a Rangers practice jersey.  

19 hours ago, Keirik said:

7 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

🤬 I proposed to my now wife at center ice at MSG....wearing a Rangers practice jersey.  

Will Ferrell Loser GIF

• LOL 2
  • LMFAO 1
  • Applause 1

7 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

I proposed to my wife with a Garden of Dreams message (paid a donation of i think $80) on the scoreboard as they (at the time) didn't put live wedding proposals on the scoreboard via camera. .  They then sent me a picture of the message on the scoreboard.  

Getting the ring through security almost ruined it. Luckily the guy at the gate caught on to me hiding the ring box and was shifty with it.  I had a message on my phone to show whoever was next to me, that I would need some room during intermission, to get on a knee.  LOL, I had to act like a hostage and was nudging the girl sitting next to me to look down at my phone which I had on my leg. 

Rangers lost the game. Yuck.

Edited by The Dude
  • The Chyt! 1

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I proposed with a Garden of Dreams message (paid a donation of i think $80) on the scoreboard as they (at the time) didn't put live wedding proposals on the scoreboardvia camera. .  They then sent me a picture of the message on the scoreboard.  

Getting the ring through security almost ruined it. Luckily the guy at the gate caught on to me hiding the ring box and was shifty with it.  I had a message on my phone to show whoever was next to me, that I would need some room during intermission, to get on a knee.  LOL, I had to act like a hostage and was nudging the girl sitting next to me to look down at my phone which I had on my leg. 

Were you wearing a jersey?

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I proposed to my wife with a Garden of Dreams message (paid a donation of i think $80) on the scoreboard as they (at the time) didn't put live wedding proposals on the scoreboard via camera. .  They then sent me a picture of the message on the scoreboard.  

2 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

And was it the Nash jersey she bought you after stealing your credit card?

• LMFAO 1

3 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Nope. Gray hoody, with distressed logo. I only know this because the girl next to me sent a video of the proposal to me. Just checked it.  I had to make sure. 

BUT, I typically do wear a jersey to a game. 

3 hours ago, Pete said:

And was it the Nash jersey she bought you after stealing your credit card?

Lol, my ex bought me the Nash one. It's was a nice surprise. It was my first blue Rangers jersey. For some reason I always bought white plain ones.

And that C word most definitely stole my credit card to buy that and many, many other things. 

43 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Lol, my ex bought me the Nash one. It's was a nice surprise. It was my first blue Rangers jersey. For some reason I always bought white plain ones.

And that C word most definitely stole my credit card to buy that and many, many other things. 

Oh, your ex is a different person than the one you propose to... Got it. 

Bet your ex is happy. She could never compete with Gauthier. 

• LMFAO 1
  • JIMMY! 1

Wore my JAGR jersey for the first time in years during a weekend, getaway with “the boys” a few weeks ago. Was hot as fuck with just a t-shirt on under it. lol. Must be old age. Also felt bulky for drinking and gaming festivities. 

I think it has it place. Like outdoor events and obviously at games. 

1 minute ago, Parsley said:

Wore my JAGR jersey for the first time in years during a weekend, getaway with “the boys” a few weeks ago. Was hot as fuck with just a t-shirt on under it. lol. Must be old age. Also felt bulky for drinking and gaming festivities. 

I think it has it place. Like outdoor events and obviously at games. 

It has a place frames on a wall in a basement 

• LOL 1
  • Bullseye 1