• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022 World Cup

Cash or Czech

1 minute ago, Karan said:

Canada's gonna need Ted Lasso in the locker room to help them recover from that goal after completely dominating the first half and all the shots they accumulated. Nevertheless, team looks very well matched against one of the top ranked opponents.

Yeah I see both these two going through 

20 hours ago, Keirik said:

Umm, I'm an American. I stand by exactly what I said. This isn’t a soap box moment. I never said 3/4 of what you’re saying. I think it’s silly to change an entire sport. Ties are fine in tournament group stages or long domestic seasons.  Sorry if my opinion bothers you, but there is nothing wrong with the sport as it is. I've played, coached, and watched for close to 50 years. 

20 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

This is satire, right? If not, it's a huge overreaction.

If you don't like tournament strategy, change the format. The top teams haven't even been the ones to draw 0-0, it's the middle teams. France won 4-1. England won 6-2. Germany lost 2-1. Argentina lost 2-1. I watched Denmark-Tunisia and Morocco-Croatia and neither team was playing for a draw. I missed Mexico-Poland, but Lewandowski missed a penalty.

Anyone feel free to PM me.  I'll continue any future conversation via PM.

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Great 2nd half by Brazil yesterday, that 2nd goal from Richarlison - god damn!

Round two starts today. Starts off with Wales - Iran. The loser is most likely out. I guess a draw is the best for US? Then they just need to win the last game vs Iran to go through.

For the US to make the round of 16, final score of Wales - Iran 0-0 would have been great.  Lots of ways the US can end up in the knockouts.  Simplest begins by US beating England.

The US can beat England.

Just now, fletch said:

For the US to make the round of 16, final score of Wales - Iran 0-0 would have been great.  Lots of ways the US can end up in the knockouts.  Simplest begins by US beating England.

The US can beat England.

Everyone can beat everyone in this world cup, that's for sure!

I guess 0-2 Iran wasn't too bad either. As long as they don't lose by more than 3 vs England they only need to win against Iran in the last match to advance.

3 minutes ago, fletch said:

The US can beat England.

Wouldn’t the simplest way to get to the knockout stage is to beat Iran. US Lose or Draw today still comes down to the Iran game. 

57 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Everyone can beat everyone in this world cup, that's for sure!

I guess 0-2 Iran wasn't too bad either. As long as they don't lose by more than 3 vs England they only need to win against Iran in the last match to advance.

55 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Wouldn’t the simplest way to get to the knockout stage is to beat Iran. US Lose or Draw today still comes down to the Iran game. 

5-6 points (or more) should really be the goal in the group stage.

It's incredibly rare to have 3 teams with 6 points (2 wins), and one team with 0 points (0 wins), and have things come down to goal differential.

I'm not ready to pencil in a win against Iran. On paper, Iran looks more beatable than England.   On paper, Wales-Iran was assumed to be a draw or win for Wales by many.  But have a look at the FIFA national team rankings (with all the biases).

https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/men?dateId=id13792

Simplest is for the US to focus on their own results, and craft their tournament tactics accordingly. Beat England, get to 4 points, and the outlook to get to the round of 16 looks brighter, when facing Iran in the last group game.

2 hours ago, fletch said:

The US can beat England.

Needs to happen for the melt down alone

12 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

No way to say it any differently - a draw in this match was a strong outcome for us.

Gotta beat Iran. 

Strong outcome for the future of the U.S. game.........unless they put up an egg vs. Iran then no one will care again about U.S. soccer until 2026.

U.S. had nothing to lose to maybe push the play the last 10 minutes since they showed they were able to hang with England.  Win/Lose/Draw it still all comes down to the game vs. Iran.