• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Out of Town Scoreboard

Phil

10 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Nuts. I drafted him in fantasy in like the 9th round just because I figured he was coming back early. 

Good call. Might have to drop Teravainen in my pool for Marchand, but gonna give it a couple games to see how he looks and no setbacks. 

6 minutes ago, Karan said:

Good call. Might have to drop Teravainen in my pool for Marchand, but gonna give it a couple games to see how he looks and no setbacks. 

I’m still deciding who to drop to take Marchand off IR. 
eithef Bjorkstrand or Hayes. 
thoughts? 

2 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I’m still deciding who to drop to take Marchand off IR. 
eithef Bjorkstrand or Hayes. 
thoughts? 

Hayes. Seattle is in the top half of the league in terms of CF%, scoring chances, xGF so I would expect Bjorkstrand to benefit from that and give you better production overall, despite the slow start compared to Hayes.

Edited by Karan

Just now, Karan said:

Hayes. Seattle is in the top half of the league in terms of CF%, scoring chances, xGF so I would expect Bjorkstrand to benefit from that and give you better production overall, despite the slow start compared to Hayes.

Yeah I’m leaning to that as well. I just heard they are saying Marchand won’t play back to back games so that kind of stinks. I sure hope they only mean two days in a row and not every other game. 

3 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Yeah I’m leaning to that as well. I just heard they are saying Marchand won’t play back to back games so that kind of stinks. I sure hope they only mean two days in a row and not every other game. 

I thought that only applied to this Friday's game, which makes sense as he's coming back from a big injury and they probably want to evaluate the recovery. I didn't think it applied to back-to-back games going forward. If that's the case, it definitely affects the fantasy decision. Probably best to hold off for a week and see how they utilize him. For all we know they may even limit his TOI to like 10 mins initially.

3 minutes ago, Karan said:

I thought that only applied to this Friday's game, which makes sense as he's coming back from a big injury and they probably want to evaluate the recovery. I didn't think it applied to back-to-back games going forward. If that's the case, it definitely affects the fantasy decision. Probably best to hold off for a week and see how they utilize him. For all we know they may even limit his TOI to like 10 mins initially.

This makes it sound like going forward and not just this one time. Not sure how often they play two in two days but still.

The Boston Bruins are about to get a huge boost. Bruins head coach Jim Montgomery has announced that star winger Brad Marchand will make his season debut in Thursday's game against the Detroit Red Wings.

While Marchand is slated to return to the ice, the Bruins forward won't play in back-to-back situations for now. Boston faces the Columbus Blue Jackets on the road on Friday following Thursday's contest.

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/brad-marchand-injury-update-bruins-star-will-make-season-debut-thursday-vs-red-wings/

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Keirik said:

This makes it sound like going forward and not just this one time. Not sure how often they play two in two days but still.

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/brad-marchand-injury-update-bruins-star-will-make-season-debut-thursday-vs-red-wings/

Thanks, but looking at the Bruins schedule only the Oct 28 (vs CBJ) and Nov 13 (vs VAN) games are back-to-back between now and Thanksgiving (his original planned return) so I think it's a non-issue from a fantasy standpoint. If he gets into the groove with Pasta and Bergeron (both of whom are hot currently), then his output will easily outweigh those 2 missed games.

Edited by Karan
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Karan said:

Thanks, but looking at the Bruins schedule only the Oct 28 (vs CBJ) and Nov 13 (vs VAN) games are back-to-back between now and Thanksgiving (his original planned return) so I think it's a non-issue from a fantasy standpoint. If he gets into the groove with Pasta and Bergeron (both of whom are hot currently), then his output will easily outweigh those 2 missed games.

Thanks for doing that legwork. Makes sense. I doubt he does 10m TOI because he’s obviously going to play in the top 6. Possibly they limit his pk since it’s the hardest minutes between EV/PP/PK

hayes dropped lol 

• The Chyt! 1

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

Thanks for doing that legwork. Makes sense. I doubt he does 10m TOI because he’s obviously going to play in the top 6. Possibly they limit his pk since it’s the hardest minutes between EV/PP/PK

hayes dropped lol 

Also if you got him in the 9th round, he's probably your 3rd LW anyway, so you probably have options on the days' he's not playing.

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Also if you got him in the 9th round, he's probably your 3rd LW anyway, so you probably have options on the days' he's not playing.

You’re right. My fantasy league has been weird in recent few years. It started to go away from the obvious picks and some guys are trying to reinvent the wheel and get highly touted prospects a bit too early in the draft so some guys remained available way too long. Add in that it’s a 10 team league which leaves plenty of good players as well. 

5 hours ago, Keirik said:

You’re right. My fantasy league has been weird in recent few years. It started to go away from the obvious picks and some guys are trying to reinvent the wheel and get highly touted prospects a bit too early in the draft so some guys remained available way too long. Add in that it’s a 10 team league which leaves plenty of good players as well. 

1G, 1A so far LOL

2 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I’m starting to think it might be nonsense about him sitting out some games. I can’t see him accepting that at all 

Yeah if he wasn't 100% ready the medical staff wouldn't have cleared him to begin with. They're not going to take a chance with someone's career like that.