• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign Jimmy Vesey to 1-Year/$750K Deal

josh

• Phil changed the title to Rangers Sign Jimmy Vesey to 1-Year Deal; AAV TBA
  • Phil changed the title to Rangers Sign Jimmy Vesey to 1-Year/$750K Deal
11 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

This is great to see!!  I always like a good redemption story, and Vesey was always a hard effort kinda player to me.  He showed some great effort, played his way back into my heart!  I'm a fan!

Go get 'em Jimmy V!!

Definitely earned his spot over anyone else. Happy to see him secure another $750k for his bank roll before packing it in. May be his last contract. Hope he can be a cog in the wheel for another Stanley cup run!

• Cheers 2

Really good depth player. Guys like this over guys like Hunt any day. He has some talents. He can do a variety of things decently. I don't want to see him in the top 6, but in a pinch if there's an injury, I'm totally comfortable with inserting him in such a spot, over the lower line players that are likely to slot up. Including Goodrow. 

47 minutes ago, josh said:

Hunt brings more energy, Vesey is more conservative vanilla. 

I actually think you’re being a bit harsh on. Espy this time. We know his faults but this is a Vesey fighting and clawing for a living. He knows this likely is a last chance. I expect a pretty good year and pleasant surprise. Not expecting turning a breakout by any means but I’d much rather see him than Hunt any day. 

• 4 weeks later...

I was going to say his only positive attribute is that he kills penalties, but he's got the 6th highest SH TOI for forwards. So they're not even using him all that much for that.

He's basically a waste of a roster spot but they've got no one else. Keefe was right, totally vanilla. The way his ice time is trending, he's gonna be out soon.

4 minutes ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

I was going to say his only positive attribute is that he kills penalties, but he's got the 6th highest SH TOI for forwards. So they're not even using him all that much for that.

He's basically a waste of a roster spot but they've got no one else. Keefe was right, totally vanilla. The way his ice time is trending, he's gonna be out soon.

I hate that vanilla is used to indicate plain. What a bad rap. It’s a fantastic flavor. Vesey on a contender isn’t vanilla. It’s pineapple pizza. Total shit.

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, Cash or Czech said:

He's $12k cheaper than Hunt and brings the same game, with maybe a bit better ability with the puck on his stick. I think he's been fine for a league minimum contract. 

This is where I’m at too. Plus, he also does have a better NHL pedigree so if injuries bumped his minutes, there still is a chance we could squeeze a few drops out of this lemon

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

This. I'd rather have Hunt.