• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Waivers Thread

Phil

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

At least he can be comforted by the fact he'll still make 4M to play in the minors, only losing 1M a year while he's down there. For a guy with a 3.75 GA and a .868 save% that's good money to ride the bus.

He doesn't lose anything. One way contract. Kings save around that on the cap if they reassign him, but he gets every dollar.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jsrangers said:

I was going by capfriendly which shows his minor league salary being 4M??

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/cal-petersen 

His salary this year is 4M, even tho his cap hit is 5. The cap hit is determined by average annual value, so his contract is structured as such that his cap hit is still five even though he only makes four this season. 

Look at the "total salary" column. 

Edited by Pete

5 hours ago, Pete said:

His salary this year is 4M, even tho his cap hit is 5. The cap hit is determined by average annual value, so his contract is structured as such that his cap hit is still five even though he only makes four this season. 

Look at the "total salary" column. 

Thanks Pete, yep understand that part (cap hit). The question was around his AHL salary, which I understood to be 4M based on what capfriendly is showing under the Minors Salary column.  Phil mentioned he gets all 5 because it's a one way contract (which I always understood to mean they do get their full NHL $), either way, solid money for a guy who's been dreadful.

6 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

Thanks Pete, yep understand that part (cap hit). The question was around his AHL salary, which I understood to be 4M based on what capfriendly is showing under the Minors Salary column.  Phil mentioned he gets all 5 because it's a one way contract (which I always understood to mean they do get their full NHL $), either way, solid money for a guy who's been dreadful.

Oh, then @Phil was wrong. No surprise there. 🙂

I meant that he gets his full salary. I assumed it was $5 million. Hadn't looked at CF to see the details of his salary versus his cap hit because I assumed @jsrangers was talking about the $4 million figure due to the cap relief rules that offer teams around a million in relief when they stash big contracts.

Keiffer Bellows back on waivers

Bellows was placed on waivers by Philadelphia on Thursday, per Elliotte Friedman of Sportsnet.

Philadelphia claimed Bellows off waivers from the Islanders on Oct. 27. He has no points, three blocks and 30 hits in 12 games this season while averaging 11:37 of ice time. If Bellows clears waivers this time, he will likely be sent to the AHL.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/flyers-kieffer-bellows-put-on-waivers/

3 hours ago, Keirik said:

Keiffer Bellows back on waivers

A buddy of mine's son was good friends with him until about middle school.  Said he bullied lesser kids on their team.  His parents are great folks.  Brian is a modest guy with a very honest and perceptive view of the business of hockey.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 10:07 PM, Sod16 said:

A buddy of mine's son was good friends with him until about middle school.  Said he bullied lesser kids on their team.  His parents are great folks.  Brian is a modest guy with a very honest and perceptive view of the business of hockey.

Laf needs someone to body shame him a bit…

55 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

You'd bitch about him more than Hunt, Goodrow, and Carpenter combined. He wasn't able to stay on the Islanders or Flyers. We're supposed to be better than those two teams.

Well..... "We're" (I didn't suit up for the last game.. did you?  lol) not. This team lacks any snarl. Kid hits everything in sight. Pretty much what we expect Blais to be, but he isn't.  He does something.  Unlike Hunt or Carpenter. He'd be a good complement to Goodrow.