• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Waivers Thread

Phil

17 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Weird move. Can’t see him go unclaimed.

Rangers should take him if they get the chance, but they won’t.

How many left shot right wings who can't score do we need? 

Edited by Pete

1 minute ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Yeah. Our right wing is packed with great players like Goodrow, Vesey and Gauthier. No need to try something else for free.

Cute that you think his fate would be any different than Kakko or Kravtsov.

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Cute that you think his fate would be any different than Kakko or Kravtsov.

I don't lol, but wouldn't hurt to try.

Big difference between Kakko and Kravtsov tho. Besides both being European RW's there's actually very little in common between the two. One sucked big time and still got playing time, the other can't get a shift in even if he's actually played well when he's played.

2 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I don't lol, but wouldn't hurt to try.

Big difference between Kakko and Kravtsov tho. Besides both being European RW's there's actually very little in common between the two. One sucked big time and still got playing time, the other can't get a shift in even if he's actually played well when he's played.

I'm just saying, you know how GG is, and he's not going to salivate over a player who's had 27 points in his last 88 games. He's also small and not good defensively. He's not an upgrade.

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

I'm just saying, you know how GG is, and he's not going to salivate over a player who's had 27 points in his last 88 games. He's also small and not good defensively. He's not an upgrade.

Agree with the bolded, not the rest. I think he's an upgrade over Blais, Gauthier and Vesey.

That said, I'd rather him play Kravtsov, but he's not even doing that, so fuck Tolvanen I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, josh said:

He also removed all Wings shit from his social media. Certainly not a mutual decision we were led to believe, yesterday 

I don’t know all the details but it seems pretty shitty on the Wings part. Injury, substance abuse, works his way back and basically gets dumped. Again, don’t know all the details but the optics aren’t great.