• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Professional Tryouts for Training Camp

It's August and training camps are a month away. The off-season signings have slowed down dribble of about one per day for the entire NHL so that market is more or less set.

If you are Drury, who are you offering a tryout contract to from the list below(assuming that they stay unsigned)?

https://www.capfriendly.com/ufas

I'm thinking:

Ryan Murray

Tyler Motte

Evan Rodrigues

Derek Stepan(for nostalgia's sake)

• Keeps it 100 1

I'd be surprised if Motte has to go the PTO route.  From Drury's comments, he would have liked to sign him but the price was too high.  I can't imagine someone won't give him a one-way at 750K before training camp starts.

For wing, I have a few I'd like to add as bottom 6 depth and a little toughness .

Obviously I want Motte here as an everyday 4th liner. Other options are as extra forwards or AHL fodder. And no I don't expect them to bring in more than one of anyone I list here. 

Motte
Roussel
Milano 

Connolly

Matteau

Brett Ritchie

I think center is still an issue and they should carry a vet that can play bottom 6 incase Chytil shits the bed or for when Carpenter proves to be garbage.  I threw Steel in because he's a former 1st rounder and would be a nice fit for Hartford as there's is zero center depth there as well. 

Stastny 
Bozak
Gagne

Sutter ( still has covid problems??)
Boyle 

Steel

On D, I figure Gallant is going to want a veteran for that 3rd pair left side. Not much out there. There are a couple scrap heap projects out there though. 

Murray

De Haan

Scrap heap -

Josh Brook

Sammy Morin

Probably wind up with some more goalies and undrafted free agents though. 

Edited by The Dude

• Phil changed the title to Professional Tryouts for Training Camp
  • 2 weeks later...