• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Nazem Kadri to Islanders?

Hmm.  If we had to give up a 2nd round pick to get Nemeth's $2.5 million off our books, what will the Islanders have to give up to be rid of Bailey's $5m?

Better move would be to trade Barzal for a beastly winger and then sign Kadri.

Kadri is one of a number of UFAs fortunate enough to be coming off a career year.  We'll see how many of those deals turn out well for the teams signing them.

This is great news except when he puts a cheap hurting on Panarin.

I forsee a Kadri v. Trouba bout happening this year and I can't freaking wait.

But as said above, this dude will never replicate last seasons success and paying him over 6 mil/season is a MASSIVE overpayment at his age. Hoping it is a 9mil/6year contract to kill the Islanders for the next 6 years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Phil said:

Boy Band Insider again? Yeah, taking this with a boulder-sized grain of salt. I'm not even suggesting this doesn't make sense. It does. I just refuse to give credence to Pagnotta/TheFourthPeriod.

In my defense, Pagnotta isn’t the only one reporting this. Lots of people are; was just the first tweet I’d seen of it. NHL Network has discussed it the last few days.

Yeah, Friedman speculated that this was something he'd been told or had heard — whatever phrase he used, exactly. Something like "I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case." It was in a podcast episode of 32 Thoughts recently. If I remembered the episode exactly I'd share, but I can't recall which it was.

Didn't mean to jump on you about it. I just really dislike that guy and I don't trust what he has to say as far as I can spit. If it were any of the other usual suspects — CJ, Friedman, Dreger, whomever — I'd have no issue.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Phil said:

Yeah, Friedman speculated that this was something he'd been told or had heard — whatever phrase he used, exactly. Something like "I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case." It was in a podcast episode of 32 Thoughts recently. If I remembered the episode exactly I'd share, but I can't recall which it was.

Didn't mean to jump on you about it. I just really dislike that guy and I don't trust what he has to say as far as I can spit. If it were any of the other usual suspects — CJ, Friedman, Dreger, whomever — I'd have no issue.

No, I hear you. He’s been so hit or miss. And his misses are like throwing a golf ball in the ocean. He’s no Dreger or Bobby Mac.

Yeah, it’s something that is being speculated by a few different outlets at this time. As much of a pain in the neck Kadri is, he’s never had a season like he just did playing on a stacked Colorado team. He’s a good player; not great. Islanders are getting older and I’m not sure this type of long term investment for this guy is the right play. But Lou has always loved Kadri.

Kadri will be 32 on opening day, so he fits right in to Lou's Green Grove East Retirement Community. Could be very effective in spurts, but don't think he's anywhere close to the value of these contract numbers, and 7 years is simply crazy. The last few years of the contract would be a trainwreck. 

Yeah no. I'd assume he signs a 1 year deal for something fair.

Calgary makes sense but he's not signing to retire in that shithole barn. If Washington could move some cap, he'd be a big fit for them. 

So, I guess...   Nashville? But I doubt he wants to stay in that division. 

9 hours ago, The Dude said:

Yeah no. I'd assume he signs a 1 year deal for something fair.

Calgary makes sense but he's not signing to retire in that shithole barn. If Washington could move some cap, he'd be a big fit for them. 

So, I guess...   Nashville? But I doubt he wants to stay in that division. 

Washington already found their Backstrom replacement (for now) in Dylan Strome. They would have been a great fit before that though.

If this deal goes through, we can take pleasure in the Islanders saddling themselves with a huge long term contract with a 32 year old who in not likely to repeat a career year.  

If the deal does not go through, we can take pleasure in the fact that a team that missed the playoffs by 16 points will have done less to improve itself in the off season than any other team in the league.

• LOL 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Applause 1

4 "Transactions"????  Ok....

Here they are in order:

1. An application for E-Z Pass
  2. Lou paying a red light camera ticket
  3. Financing an oil change on the Zamboni
  4. Renewing the Playboy subscription
Edited by Ozzy