• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers to Buy Out Patrik Nemeth?

https://nypost.com/2022/07/06/clock-is-ticking-on-rangers-window-to-trade-alexandar-georgiev/

The Post has been told that a buyout of the final two years of Patrik Nemeth’s contract is becoming more likely as the time nears. Nemeth is scheduled to carry a $2.5 million cap hit for the next two seasons under the deal the 30-year-old Swede signed as a free agent last summer

A buyout would save the Rangers $1.5 million under the cap this coming season and $2.5 million in 2023-24 before costing the club $1 million in dead space in both 2024-25 and 2025-26. That last season is the first one in which the cap is projected to increase by a meaningful amount.

• LindG1000 changed the title to Rangers to Buy Out Patrik Nemeth?

Might as well keep him and dangle him on waivers every now and then by sending him down to Hartford throughout the season. Some desperate team may have to pick him up if they have injuries. 

I guess they really need every penny. 

• Like 1

For what it's worth if Nemeth is bought out: 

image.png

All things considered - that his replacement (either Jones or Robertson, I assume) will basically knock out most of the cap savings, that there's no cap hit for the (expected) last year of the flat cap era, and that any post-contract hit is pretty trivial in what should be a rapidly rising cap situation, I can't sit here being too pissed about a buyout option.

The ask to take on more in actual dollars than the cap hit must be significant right now.

• Like 1

He's pretty garbage. Personal issues or no, Colorado fans gawked when we gave him a 3-year deal. There was no way this one was ending well. We didn't do our homework on his gameplay, and signed him for Nils which didn't really work having Fox and Trouba ahead of him on the depth chart and the PP. This one is an L, and I'm curious to see if we sign a veteran or see what Robertson has in camp next year. 

3 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

He's pretty garbage. Personal issues or no, Colorado fans gawked when we gave him a 3-year deal. There was no way this one was ending well. We didn't do our homework on his gameplay, and signed him for Nils which didn't really work having Fox and Trouba ahead of him on the depth chart and the PP. This one is an L, and I'm curious to see if we sign a veteran or see what Robertson has in camp next year. 

They replaced Nemeth with Jack Johnson and won the Cup. Tells you all you need to know about Nemeth lol

• LOL 2

9 hours ago, Long live the King said:

Playing under 14 minutes a night in 45 out of 82 games is a career resurgence? 

Well, yea, the alternative was not making millions playing hockey but instead spending $60 on an Xbox game to continue a fantasy career. 

wtf is @BellyUpSports?

I mean it's not a totally farcical reach but my neighbors cousins nephew hasn't confirmed this rumor as of yet either.

Kyle if you're on the board don't take it personal.

Edited by jsrangers

1 hour ago, josh said:

8-team no trade list most certainly has Arizona State University listed

Aren’t these usually the teams in Canada? If it’s them plus one more it could be Buffalo rather than Arizona