• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Lightning Round Three — General Series Thread

Phil

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

On 6/2/2022 at 1:21 PM, Ranger Lothbrok said:

So I've posted on here before about one our family's silliest of hocus-pocus good luck charms. During the run in 1994, I got a bunny doll for Easter. I thought the name Zubov was funny, so he was named Zubov. He became a rally symbol, and you shook him at the screen so his ears flopped whenever the Rangers scored or needed luck. He's been shaken so many times over the decades that you can see his stitches. He lives in the Rangers stein when he's not in action. I refused to break him out against Pittsburgh or Carolina. The question is: are the ECFs high enough stakes for Zubov to come out of retirement???!!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Obviously, Zubov the Bunny has seen better days. What say you? Does he come out now? If you analogize this to the ECFs against NJ in 1994, then the answer is hell yes. But if we have any shot at a Cup, I might need to save the magic for when we NEED it. 

That's really cool thanks for sharing! Magic's always good!

• Like 1

This is incredible. I’m sitting here trying to get to grips with the notion that this Rangers team might be on the verge of knocking out the two time reigning champions and going to the Stanley Cup Final. I took part in the #believe thing heading into the playoffs, but if I’m honest I never saw this. Now though, this group of guys are coming together into something special. I don’t know if other auldies like me are also getting strong 94 vibes from this run. Very different teams, obviously, but this team has developed an “it” that I really don’t think any of the teams since that 94 team had. The story going in was that Tampa can play you every which way you want, but incredibly enough it looks like this young team is better at it. I’m genuinely floored by what they’ve been able to achieve.

• Like 2
  • Believe 3

14 minutes ago, Gravesy said:

This is incredible. I’m sitting here trying to get to grips with the notion that this Rangers team might be on the verge of knocking out the two time reigning champions and going to the Stanley Cup Final. I took part in the #believe thing heading into the playoffs, but if I’m honest I never saw this. Now though, this group of guys are coming together into something special. I don’t know if other auldies like me are also getting strong 94 vibes from this run. Very different teams, obviously, but this team has developed an “it” that I really don’t think any of the teams since that 94 team had. The story going in was that Tampa can play you every which way you want, but incredibly enough it looks like this young team is better at it. I’m genuinely floored by what they’ve been able to achieve.

This team lacks only one thing the '94 team had:  DRAMA...other than that, I think this team is dead on par, and WAY AHEAD OF SCHEDULE!!!

Oh and another thing...this team is going to be around for a long time.  That '94 team was kinda only built for that season in my opinion.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

This team lacks only one thing the '94 team had:  DRAMA...other than that, I think this team is dead on par, and WAY AHEAD OF SCHEDULE!!!

Oh and another thing...this team is going to be around for a long time.  That '94 team was kinda only built for that season in my opinion.

Yeah. I’m trying my best not to get ahead of myself, and stay in the moment. But you look at the kids line, Igor, Fox, Key, Lindgren, Schneider and what they’ve been able to do and the idea that these guys are our core for the next 5-8 years is a great feeling.

Like I said, completely different teams, but the same type of feeling that it’s one of those very special years.

• Like 1

"But....but....we don't have Braden Point, so of course you're gonna beat us."  Ya know what?  Go fuck yourself, you just swept the Panthers without him so i don't think losing him is as vital as you think.  I don't think his absence is what caused Vasihoweverthefuckyouspellit to let in 9 over two games.  Honestly, they don't look "over-rested" they look tired, apart from the last 6-7 minutes last night (and the Rangers better not let that happen again) they were a step or two behind the entire game.  Stamkos and Hedmen looked dead in the post game presser last night, not the usual cliche spewing post loss stuff either, these guys looked completely gassed and defeated.

I am not counting them out by any stretch, but I do think the hole for them to dig out of is deeper than they'd like.

TBL's definitely feeling the pressure alright. I know their entitled fans are trying to comfort themselves with the old saying you're not in trouble until you lose a game at home. Well TBL knows they need to win BOTH games at home to stand a chance in this series. Coming back to NY down 3-1, they're all but toast given how solid the Rangers have been at home. So they're essentially going home facing a situation of needing 2 must-wins in a row. And unlike the Carolina series, where you could argue either team could've won the first couple games, that has not been the case here with the Rangers dominating TBL for large stretches of the games. I've no doubt that TBL will elevate their play at home for Game 3, but let's see if they have it in them to muster 2 wins in a row. I doubt it.

15 minutes ago, Karan said:

TBL's definitely feeling the pressure alright. I know their entitled fans are trying to comfort themselves with the old saying you're not in trouble until you lose a game at home. Well TBL knows they need to win BOTH games at home to stand a chance in this series. Coming back to NY down 3-1, they're all but toast given how solid the Rangers have been at home. So they're essentially going home facing a situation of needing 2 must-wins in a row. And unlike the Carolina series, where you could argue either team could've won the first couple games, that has not been the case here with the Rangers dominating TBL for large stretches of the games. I've no doubt that TBL will elevate their play at home for Game 3, but let's see if they have it in them to muster 2 wins in a row. I doubt it.

NYR fans in FLA, get your asses to Amalie Arena to make it feel like a home game for the NYR. 

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

2 game 7's isn't enough drama for you guys lol? Would be so happy if this team stuck around for a long time.

7 minutes ago, AliveIn94 said:

2 game 7's isn't enough drama for you guys lol? Would be so happy if this team stuck around for a long time.

I think he’s referring to Iron Mike benching Leetch, arbitrarily pulling Richter, Neil Smith and Keenan never agreeing on anything, Messier having to mediate between players and coaches etc etc. And of course nothing will eclipse the drama of that Devils series. 
But on ice there’s been no lack of drama in this run to be fair!

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Tampa is a damn good team and they shouldn't be taken lightly. This isn't even close to being over.

I expect absolute home ice advantage for the Bolts. Meaning turning a blind eye to some cheap shots that the league will once again handle poorly. 

The league loves a story and the Rangers aren't it. The Dynasty of Tampa, the dominant Avs, or the need to get McDavid a ring are more important to the league. 

Get ready for some bullshit. 

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Tampa is a damn good team and they shouldn't be taken lightly. This isn't even close to being over.

I expect absolute home ice advantage for the Bolts. Meaning turning a blind eye to some cheap shots that the league will once again handle poorly. 

The league loves a story and the Rangers aren't it. The Dynasty of Tampa, the dominant Avs, or the need to get McDavid a ring are more important to the league. 

Get ready for some bullshit. 

Stop.  The NHL/ESPN at this point would die to have the NYR in the Final....They would bring the most eyeballs and higher ratings than if it was Tampa vs. Edm/COL....Their is a storyline for the Rangers, its called a cinderella story.  They are an original 6 franchise.  They went through a speedy rebuild that is coming to fruition now.  For gods sake the friggin NHL U.S. offices is practically down the street from MSG.  

• Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

45 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Stop.  The NHL/ESPN at this point would die to have the NYR in the Final....They would bring the most eyeballs and higher ratings than if it was Tampa vs. Edm/COL....Their is a storyline for the Rangers, its called a cinderella story.  They are an original 6 franchise.  They went through a speedy rebuild that is coming to fruition now.  For gods sake the friggin NHL U.S. offices is practically down the street from MSG.  

1 cup in 82 years. The NHL office could BE MSG.  It doesn't matter. See Tom Wilson from last year. See a history of having to do it the hard way. 

A dynasty sells more than an ahead of schedule rebuild. As does the best player in the world wining, as does a dominant team on the verge of their own potential dynasty. 

I'm not saying this team can't or won't win. I'm saying the league and history are forces that can potentially make it even more harder than it already is. 

I mean.  I'm wrong all the time. So, maybe you're right. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

1 cup in 82 years. The NHL office could BE MSG.  It doesn't matter. See Tom Wilson from last year. See a history of having to do it the hard way. 

A dynasty sells more than an ahead of schedule rebuild. As does the best player in the world wining, as does a dominant team on the verge of their own potential dynasty. 

I'm not saying this team can't or won't win. I'm saying the league and history are forces that can potentially make it even more harder than it already is. 

I mean.  I'm wrong all the time. So, maybe you're right. 

Well you’re right about one thing. 

• LMFAO 2