• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECSF #3: (2M) Rangers vs. (1M) Carolina Hurricanes — Got 'Em Right Where We Want 'Em

Just now, josh said:

Carolina has been HORRIBLE this entire series. Rangers have been incredibly lucky to be in these games 

Boston series took a heavy toll on them. They can't play their Energizer bunny style for 82 games + 4 rounds. The Penguins would've likely taken them out in 6 games and Lightning in 5 games. 

Just now, rmc51 said:

Say what you want about Chytil but he’s not afraid to shoot. Just needs the pussy shaken out of him to fight back in scrums and trust his strength

He missed the net by 12 feet

and then put in his place by a guy half his size 

Kreider gets demolished with a cross check there, no call? Was a little scared he wouldn't get up. 

Josh better have Chytil as a minus 5 for his "being a pussy count". 

Chytil has become the Rangers most gritty player. Go figure. 

Strome has been a bit aggressive in this game too.

Just now, RJWantsTheCup said:

Should’ve been a cross check on Carolina 

They called Lindgren for a cross check which wasn’t nearly as bad as how Krieder just got blasted from behind not once but twice 

1 minute ago, josh said:

Carolina has been HORRIBLE this entire series. Rangers have been incredibly lucky to be in these games 

Yeah, I can't really put a finger on it. Just nothing really jumps out in a positive way about them other than their pretty structured defensive play and good forecheck. Think it might be the lack of truly elite talent on offense and defense. Lots of above average players but no one that can really take a game over. 

Just now, Myusername said:

Yeah, I can't really put a finger on it. Just nothing really jumps out in a positive way about them other than their pretty structured defensive play and good forecheck. Think it might be the lack of truly elite talent on offense and defense. Lots of above average players but no one that can really take a game over. 

i know…

but their D also has Skjei, Smith and DeAngelo. 

i mean… that’s still on the rangers 

Just now, rmc51 said:

I dunno man. Zib was flying that period.

Canes attack looked better, but it’s not like the Rangers didn’t generate anything. The X factor is in net.

He skated because half the time he wasn’t engaged in the play, cherry picking. 

4 minutes ago, josh said:

He skated because half the time he wasn’t engaged in the play, cherry picking. 

It's crazy that the guy has shown up at best to every other game but still leads this team with 12 points in 10 games. Just imagine if the guy believed in himself to the level that guys like Crosby and Kucherov do

7 minutes ago, josh said:

i know…

but their D also has Skjei, Smith and DeAngelo. 

i mean… that’s still on the rangers 

People wanted to shoot at least two of those guys into the sun at the time, and Deangelo whined his way to being booted off the team and getting punched so...