• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#51) Rangers vs Washington Capitals — Red Bread Redemption

Drew a Penalty

10 hours ago, josh said:

May be the most complete game of the season.

1st line great, both ends. Shut down the other team

3rd line was noticeable. 
4th line was awesome. Goodrow makes that line awesome. He gets Rooney and Reaves going, too. 

defense was great 

Shesterkin solid

most invisible players were Panarin and Fox… which is a great sign for the team. 

When Goodrow is slotted down in the lineup, it changes everything. 

I couldn't wait to get to this one this morning!!!!  Damn!  You guys were on fire last night!  Some absolutely brilliant quotes in this one...possibly a vote for GDT of the Year!!!

So, how 'bout that 4th line!!!  It feels nice to roll those guys into the fire and come up with some big contributions!!   So I'm just gonna say it: 

BARCLAY GOODROW:  MORE PLEASE!!  ...and Thank you Mr. Drury!

........And here are the Top 10 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Sylvania, the official sponsor of Tom Wilson's look of a deer in the headlights last night!  ...Fucking prick!!!  LOL

16 hours ago, Slobberknocker said:

Nemeth should transition to a stay at home mom.  

13 hours ago, AliveIn94 said:

That's a confident move by Goat. Maybe K'Andre gave him some puck handling tips!

13 hours ago, Pete said:

Strome sucks. Who'd re-sign that bum?

13 hours ago, josh said:

How does my kid not shoot the puck during his games after hearing me scream all game long during the rangers games??

13 hours ago, Pete said:

Yea Chytil broke his arm hacking my account!

13 hours ago, Keirik said:

it would be nice if some Rangers be Putin the puck in the net 

12 hours ago, rmc51 said:

Stromosexual123 isn’t exactly a tough password to crack

12 hours ago, Pete said:

Strome you suck. Why you give the haters ammo, homie?

Next year Chytil gonna take.....lmfao nah that ain't ever happening. 

11 hours ago, Keirik said:

"Why he always here?" 

Mrs Ovechkin on Igors presence in net 

12 minutes ago, Pete said:

When Kakko is back, fire McKegg into Uranus. 

….and the winning quote for tonight’s Classic GDT goes to both Slobby @Slobberknocker, and Pete @Pete with some great insight on some of our finer players!  

Way to go fellas!!!

On to Pittsburgh, and make sure to wear some waterproof clothing, so we don't drown getting hit with the splashes from all Sid's dives!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

I still think Strome played a pretty solid 2 way game last night.  Yeah the penalties were ill timed and kinda silly, but overall, this is definitely a guy I'd wanna to go to war with.  Strome is going to be a big factor down the stretch and certainly in the playoffs.

Gotta find a way to squeeze this guy in for 5 more years at a good value!

This was a fun thread to go through after seeing the game.  Thanks to everyone from a long time lurker (1st post here).

This game was a classic example of why statistics (Corsi, Fenwick) based on counting shots can be misleading, as the Capitals probably lead in both but the Rangers clearly dominated the game.

• VINNY! 4
  • Applause 1

6 minutes ago, NEKRanger said:

This was a fun thread to go through after seeing the game.  Thanks to everyone from a long time lurker (1st post here).

This game was a classic example of why statistics (Corsi, Fenwick) based on counting shots can be misleading, as the Capitals probably lead in both but the Rangers clearly dominated the game.

Welcome aboard officially dude!  As you can read, this crowd is quite the entertaining bunch!  Feel free to jump in and have some fun!

• VINNY! 1

51 minutes ago, NEKRanger said:

I said the same to my son when the shot total said Caps 28 Rangers 18.  Totally misleading when you're just chucking pucks and hoping versus quality scoring chances.

• VINNY! 1

1 minute ago, Kevin said:

I said the same to my son when the shot total said Caps 28 Rangers 18.  Totally misleading when you're just chucking pucks and hoping versus quality scoring chances.

Which is why better analytics that account for shot quality exist, but no matter how red or blue last night's chart would be, it was a dominant Rangers win.

Really nice to see Laffy gaining some confidence, and getting some chemistry with Mika and Kreids.I hope Gallant keeps them together even if they have some off games.

I thought Gallants big miscue this season was taking Kakko off Panarin and Strome line after he had that good stretch of games.

• Applause 1