• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#33) Rangers vs Tampa Bay Lightning — You Again?

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

Are we a good team now? 

We can put the opponent strength argument to bed now. You don’t beat the 1st place team in another division twice in a row like this if you’re “average”. Average teams split that, at best.

• Like 2
  • Keeps it 100 2

6 minutes ago, New Hampshire Ranger said:

Hopefully people aren’t offended that this was a statement win…😁

I'd say this fits the description of one especially without our best forward and their star goalie back in goal. Even with a shoddy defense, the team collectively stepped up to get the job done. Average teams rarely do that.

Just now, Jdog99 said:

Another game that to me just shows the rangers have the pieces to the puzzle - just need to figure out how to put it together consistently and efficiently.

They've been pretty damn consistent this season. That's why they are where they are. 

They need a RW and probably a 3C to move into legitimate "contender" status but for right now, I think we can all settle for "very good."

How Are You Doing Whats Up GIF by FOX Sports: Watch. Enjoy. Repeat.

to all the whiny asses changing their tune now from NYE bitching about how we had to go to penalties against a backup goalie and the result didn’t amount to anything. now a full 60 shutout against Vasilevskiy without Bread and a makeshift rookie 3rd pair.

I fucking love this team.

Just now, ThirtyONE said:

They've been pretty damn consistent this season. That's why they are where they are. 

They need a RW and probably a 3C to move into legitimate "contender" status but for right now, I think we can all settle for "very good."

Compared to where they were the last couple seasons, this is already a substantial step-up for them. I'm not sure many expected them to go from being a non-playoff team to an elite team, but to go from non-playoff to a top 10 team in the league (not conference) is a very impressive step in the right direction and I'll definitely take it.

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

Vazzy had an .810 sv% and Tampa had 40+ shots, so stellar goaltending was again the difference, but agree it's a statement win.

Would have been easy to fold with Panarin out and 2 rookies on the blue line.

It's a nice way to welcome back Vazzy...

Is it me, or the Rangers looked better without Panarin?

14 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

I wish Zuc was on the team

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Cr00zng said:

It's a nice way to welcome back Vazzy...

Is it me, or the Rangers looked better without Panarin?

It's you. LOL

This was basically Mika and Krieder on beast mode with Shesterkin being a magician and the team pulled the rope. 

• VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

26 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

Chyitl is garbage juice on a July day. 

• LMFAO 2

4 hours ago, Bugg said:

for those asking if the team is better off without having Panarin in the lineup.  Half these forwards have done nothing at this level worth speaking about. Many of their ceilingings are the depth of a puddle.  Today they as Pete and a couple others pointed out they got outstanding efforts from Zib, CK, Goodrow and Igor. Most nights especially in the playoffs that's not going to be enough.  Big win today with a lineup littered with crap or in a nicer way marginally at best talented NHL players (and way too many of them at one time.

I'll enjoy the hell outta the win and hope Panarin gets back as quickly as possible.

Edited by jsrangers