• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#24) Rangers @ Chicago Blackhawks — Chica-Go for 7!

Phil

• Phil changed the title to [RS] (#24) Rangers @ Chicago Blackhawks — Chica-Go for 7!

BTW, I just learned this recently with my son being a goalie…whenever a goalie comes off the ice (delayed penalty or pulled for an extra skater), they don’t get credit for that time on the ice, so their GAA goes up!!!  So, if you are pulled for the last 2 minutes of the game, your GAA is figured on 58 minutes of net time, not 60!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pistol Pete said:

BTW, I just learned this recently with my son being a goalie…whenever a goalie comes off the ice (delayed penalty or pulled for an extra skater), they don’t get credit for that time on the ice, so their GAA goes up!!!  So, if you are pulled for the last 2 minutes of the game, your GAA is figured on 58 minutes of net time, not 60!

I mean it makes sense. Cant get credit for time not on the ice. I’m not sure it gets subtracted for delayed penalties though but I guess it’s possible. 

This team has an elite goaltender (when Igor is around), elite special teams, an elite defenseman (maybe the best in the league, followed by a good group), an elite level offense, an elite superstar (Panarin), an elite coach and elite balance.

Elite. This team is growing into a monster before our very eyes. Just remember these days over the next 5, 6, 7 years. This team is going to do some damage.

• Cheers 6