• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#24) Rangers @ Chicago Blackhawks — Chica-Go for 7!

Phil

I think Fox has to be entering the goat status conversation amongst defensemen. Long career ahead obviously but when you look at him you can’t help but see Nick Lidstrom. I think if he wins another norris this year or next you have to start talking about it. He’s the best offensive defenseman and the league and he’s the best in the defensive zone in the league, and I dont even think it’s particularly close, closer in the offensive zone. Hope he can stay healthy.

Also loving to see the trouba awakening this year, he’s had a season that is worthy of contract so far, but I think the most surprising part is how much better he’s been from his prior seasons. Guy has the ability to play scary, and he’s showing it this year.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Their PP is just frightening. 

You have the best net front presence in the league, maybe the best pointman in the league, the best playmaker in the league all flying with the man advantage. And that’s not to even mention Strome being a beast and Mika contributing.

Again. Elite. Just a freakish juggernaut right now.

Only thing that was missing was muscle

4 hours ago, Karan said:

Still hasn't gone more than 2 goals without scoring. Highly unusual for Kreids, feels like a long cold streak is just around the corner. But maybe this season's gonna be different under Turk. 

I think it's the latter, GG has him doing things that almost guarantee he won't have that cold streak so long as he keeps doing those things. Plus I think he now sees himself as not just a leader but THE leader and just maybe he wants to see 20 hanging in the rafters next to 30 when all is said and done. Give Kreider the C!!

Welcome back once again, folks!!  It was a beauty in Chi-Town last night!!!

........And here are the Top 10 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by MasterCard: "There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's Jacob Trouba!"

12 hours ago, Bugg said:

Trivia- which coiff is more unnatural; Sam's combover or Joe's Rudy Guiliani-like dye job? 

12 hours ago, Keirik said:

Trouba should save the puck next time Geo makes a save too

12 hours ago, Flynn said:

Kovalev had a lethal wrist shot. I beat it a lot (a real fucking lot) as a teen and never have a wrister that strong. 

11 hours ago, Flynn said:

Guess that all depends on who you are behind?

Margot Robbie? Better

Me after a burrito? Decidedly worse. 

11 hours ago, Phil said:

His name is not Laf, it's LOAF.

10 hours ago, AliveIn94 said:

Reaves has to hold back his skill, it would just be unfair if he did this every game.

10 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Why are you shitting during the game late? Clench it.

10 hours ago, Shane Falco said:

Extend Strome and give him the C already.

10 hours ago, G1000 said:

Adam Fox has made me question my lack of faith in a higher power numerous times in ways I can't quite explain. 

10 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

This team has an elite goaltender (when Igor is around), elite special teams, an elite defenseman (maybe the best in the league, followed by a good group), an elite level offense, an elite superstar (Panarin), an elite coach and elite balance.

Elite. This team is growing into a monster before our very eyes. Just remember these days over the next 5, 6, 7 years. This team is going to do some damage.

So many gems tonight to pick from, so let's just roll with the truth….and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @RichieNextel305, who hits the nail on the head with what we've all been yearning to see and hear for quite a while now!!

Face Truth GIF

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Cheers 4
  • VINNY! 1

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Ozzy's Quote of the GDT is such an instant classic. Love it.

26 minutes ago, G1000 said:

Truly, it's given us all a reason to engage more with the GDT and try to make each other laugh. I love it. Favorite post-game tradition right now.

25 minutes ago, siddious said:

Well now that we dont need to drink ourselves stupid after games anymore, yeah. 

21 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

It really is, I love it. It's an honor just to be nominated!

Thank you guys!!!  ....Keep 'em rolling, fellas!!! 

This forum is the home to some of the most knowledgeable, insightful, dedicated and outrageously hysterical Rangers fans around!!!  It's a pleasure to be a part of this "congregation of crazy's"!!  LOL

Here's to you guys, and this magical journey in which we've united!

champagne GIF

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1