• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#24) Rangers @ Chicago Blackhawks — Chica-Go for 7!

Phil

2 minutes ago, Keirik said:

He’s just not going to get enough to develop at 3c. Plus if you are keeping Strome, you’re basically saying Chytil isn’t in a top 6 future so you’re going to probably move him next year anyway .

True, but he's got high end playmaking potential at center. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we drafted high end offensive centers recently. Even if a prospect like that becomes trade bait, it's nice to have chips like that rather than a Morgan Barron two way plauer that's probably bottom 6 on most teams. Next man up if Strome/Zib go down without Chytil is . . . Goodrow who's never scored more than 20 pts in a season. Ship Chytil if you must,but what's the alternative in the system unless we go FA which will probably hit the cap more than Chytil?

2 minutes ago, AliveIn94 said:

True, but he's got high end playmaking potential at center. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we drafted high end offensive centers recently. Even if a prospect like that becomes trade bait, it's nice to have chips like that rather than a Morgan Barron two way plauer that's probably bottom 6 on most teams. Next man up if Strome/Zib go down without Chytil is . . . Goodrow who's never scored more than 20 pts in a season. Ship Chytil if you must,but what's the alternative in the system unless we go FA which will probably hit the cap more than Chytil?

Definitely something to that for sure