• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Shesterkin Placed on IR with 'Minor Lower-Body' Injury

Phil

11 hours ago, Winter said:

Wonder if Rask would come here for half the season w/Bruins looking meh lol

I would say the odds are 0.0 unfortunately.

Bruins keeping crease warm for a Tuukka Rask return

While the Bruins hum along in the middle of the Atlantic Division with 22 points in 19 games, one area of concern may soon be getting a boost in the form of an old friend.

Tuukka Rask has been skating at the Bruins’ practice facility the past few weeks as he works his way back from surgery on his right hip. The 34-year-old, who is currently an unrestricted free agent, said over the summer that if he plays again in the NHL he only wants it to be in Boston.

With that being the case the Bruins are holding a door open for him should be get back to 100% health within the next month or so. The fact is they could use the goaltending help as Linus Ullmark and Jeremy Swayman have a combined .908 5-on-5 save percentage, per Natural Stat Trick.

20 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Didn't they send Barron back down?

They sent Barron down last night. 

They dont have the roster space, and could only call up Huska. 

Put Shesterkin on IR, gave them a roster spot to recall Barron. 

5 hours ago, Go Blue said:

One thing about Igor, when he goes down it looks like he’s been shot

tue last time I thought he was done but it wasn’t the case so I’m hopeful that this academy award effort results the same

He has a flair for the dramatic that's for sure.  That groin muscle is pretty wonky, gonna be an issue for him throughout his career.  A quality backup is a must for this team.......

He went down like this once before and it looked like he was going to need his leg amputated. I suffered from hip impingement in both hips after a career playing hockey and sometimes just minding the wrong way makes your hip lock up. Finally got both replaced and no more locking up.  Wonder if that’s what’s happening to him?

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Pistol Pete said:

He went down like this once before and it looked like he was going to need his leg amputated. I suffered from hip impingement in both hips after a career playing hockey and sometimes just minding the wrong way makes your hip lock up. Finally got both replaced and no more locking up.  Wonder if that’s what’s happening to him?

Welcome to the site btw.

4 hours ago, Pistol Pete said:

Bird? Is that you?

14 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

This guy is made of tissue paper. Very nice tissue paper, but tissue paper nonetheless.

Well given his style of play and the strain it puts on the lower body, it's not much of a surprise. Benoit's definitely going to have to work with him to make changes over the coming years if he wants to improve his longevity.