• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Inquire About Jake DeBrusk Following Trade Request from Bruins

15 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

To be fair the last 2.5 seasons for Strome before we acquired him:

NYI: 30p 69gp

EDM: 34p 82gp

EDM: 2p 18gp

I can understand trying to trade garbage into gold again with a reclamation project

That, and don't underestimate what a trade does for a player who legitimately hates where they're at. It's probably not all that different than the feeling you get when you quit a job you hate and go start a new one. 

TBF, I don't care for DeBrusk, but I can understand why teams want him.

2 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

I can understand trying to trade garbage into gold again with a reclamation project

I think the comparison here is more like Debrusk is the Ryan Spooner in this situation.

• TroCheckmark 1

36 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

So if we trade Chytil for him, we're Edmonton?

Meaning Spooner sucked and DeBrusk sucks, I doubt we get another God-man like Strome if we have to flip DeBrusk. A man with an affinity for 🍞 with a 10 pound 🔧.

• LMFAO 1

5 hours ago, Keirik said:

If you trade Chytil, I guess the thought process is to put Goodrow back at C? I’d rather obtain a real 3c through a package. Let’s say Oh My God What GIF by StickerGiant

But.... Isn't Goodrow a real 3 C? I thought that's really why he was brought here?

He's good on faceoffs, is contributing when the game involves the state of Florida, and has all this intangible shit everyone cums in their pants about. He's a 3C by the standards of what some people here seem to be looking for. Faceoffs, "grit" and PK. 

I'm all about adding an offensive type player. Anything from top tier to a one dimensional has been that can add offense still. Someone that can either carry a line and make those around him better, or a guy like Brassard, whom still has a little left in the tank (very little,  but it's better than the in-house options). 

37 minutes ago, The Dude said:

But.... Isn't Goodrow a real 3 C? I thought that's really why he was brought here?

He's good on faceoffs, is contributing when the game involves the state of Florida, and has all this intangible shit everyone cums in their pants about. He's a 3C by the standards of what some people here seem to be looking for. Faceoffs, "grit" and PK. 

I'm all about adding an offensive type player. Anything from top tier to a one dimensional has been that can add offense still. Someone that can either carry a line and make those around him better, or a guy like Brassard, whom still has a little left in the tank (very little,  but it's better than the in-house options). 

Goodrow has been going between wing and c all season. There’s nothing wrong with getting another c/w hybrid guy that can slot anywhere in the lineup. I thought Goodrow looked best when he was on a line with Reaves and Rooney earlier in the season. I think Goodrow has been good for us. I have no issues with him.

Our 4th line is a grinding punishing line. Our top two lines are scoring. Our third would be a nice high energy line with offensive potential if it weren’t being centered by Chytil. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Goodrow has been going between wing and c all season. There’s nothing wrong with getting another c/w hybrid guy that can slot anywhere in the lineup. I thought Goodrow looked best when he was on a line with Reaves and Rooney earlier in the season. I think Goodrow has been good for us. I have no issues with him.

Our 4th line is a grinding punishing line. Our top two lines are scoring. Our third would be a nice high energy line with offensive potential if it weren’t being centered by Chytil. 

I agree that Goodrow looked best on the 4th line. IMO, that's why I  hate that signing.  3.6 for your 4rd line center... 

But since the beginning of the season everyone has wanted this gritty, defensive minded 3rd line center. He's here. He's signed for 3.6 X 6. Why anyone wants another Goodrow confuses me. 

What our 3rd line is now isn't working the way I expected it to. They started off as if they were about to contribute if given the consistency together. It just hasn't happened. 

In seeing Chytil play a much more noticeable game with Strome/Panarin, I'm starting to wonder if he is as big of a problem as I thought. I mean Lafreniere didn't look that much better when he filled in for Panarin.  Had one good game,  but fizzled pretty quickly.

Is it Gauthier? Maybe it is, as he has become the puck carrier of the trio. I kinda think it's Lafreniere though. No matter who he plays with, he's not very noticeable. He's losing battles or not even trying to get involved and shying away from contact just as much as Chytil. 

But Chytil has really been a let down this year. I expected better. I still do. Moving him to wing and acquiring a center to carry Lafreniere, Gauthier or eventually Kakko is looking like the best option for what I think we can agree the 3rd line should be. A linebthat can be counted on for some secondary scoring and to keep pressure on the opposition,  making this team more than a2 line team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I agree that Goodrow looked best on the 4th line. IMO, that's why I  hate that signing.  3.6 for your 4rd line center... 

But since the beginning of the season everyone has wanted this gritty, defensive minded 3rd line center. He's here. He's signed for 3.6 X 6. Why anyone wants another Goodrow confuses me. 

What our 3rd line is now isn't working the way I expected it to. They started off as if they were about to contribute if given the consistency together. It just hasn't happened. 

In seeing Chytil play a much more noticeable game with Strome/Panarin, I'm starting to wonder if he is as big of a problem as I thought. I mean Lafreniere didn't look that much better when he filled in for Panarin.  Had one good game,  but fizzled pretty quickly.

Is it Gauthier? Maybe it is, as he has become the puck carrier of the trio. I kinda think it's Lafreniere though. No matter who he plays with, he's not very noticeable. He's losing battles or not even trying to get involved and shying away from contact just as much as Chytil. 

But Chytil has really been a let down this year. I expected better. I still do. Moving him to wing and acquiring a center to carry Lafreniere, Gauthier or eventually Kakko is looking like the best option for what I think we can agree the 3rd line should be. A linebthat can be counted on for some secondary scoring and to keep pressure on the opposition,  making this team more than a2 line team.

I think Goodrow was a fine signing. It’s helped change us from being vanilla. Goodrow is having a career year for us so I can’t see his addition being anything but positive.

that doesn’t mean anyone wants a carbon copy of Goodrow. If you’re referencing Gourde then they are not even close to the same player. 

• Like 2
  • TroCheckmark 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

More sellers than buyers this year I suspect and the Rangers are in prime position to afford almost anyone who might become available.

With that being the case I expect the Rangers will be floated as a possible destination for anyone and their mother whose name comes up.  So get used to threads discussing all of them.

Give me JT Miller or Claude Giroux or give me death.  (or some such)

And Schneider should not be part of ANY trade deal for a short term rental.  He looks like he belongs already and he hasn't even grown into his full man-size yet.

Edited by Kick save and a beauty
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • TroCheckmark 1

23 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I think Goodrow was a fine signing. It’s helped change us from being vanilla. Goodrow is having a career year for us so I can’t see his addition being anything but positive.

that doesn’t mean anyone wants a carbon copy of Goodrow. If you’re referencing Gourde then they are not even close to the same player. 

Career year for Goodrow was 25 points... I mean we are bragging about doing better than 25 points? K. I honestly hardly ever notice Goodrow unless the game is involved with a Florida team. What does he do that takes away from the vanilla label? He's not a hitting machine. He's not the agitating type he's been most of his career.  What's he actually do thats not vanilla? 

I didn't mean it in reference to Gourde at all. Everytime names get brought up, they typically get shot down by many, in thinking the team needs a faceoff guy with size or grit that can kill penalties.  We have that. He's paid handsomely. Not sure why some want more of that instead of just using the guy we have for that.

I'd rather he be on the 4th line, Because that seems to get him going and makes that 4th line play at the level we were expecting.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Career year for Goodrow was 25 points... I mean we are bragging about doing better than 25 points? K. I honestly hardly ever notice Goodrow unless the game is involved with a Florida team. What does he do that takes away from the vanilla label? He's not a hitting machine. He's not the agitating type he's been most of his career.  What's he actually do thats not vanilla? 

I didn't mean it in reference to Gourde at all. Everytime names get brought up, they typically get shot down by many, in thinking the team needs a faceoff guy with size or grit that can kill penalties.  We have that. He's paid handsomely. Not sure why some want more of that instead of just using the guy we have for that.

I'd rather he be on the 4th line, Because that seems to get him going and makes that 4th line play at the level we were expecting.  

Yeah, I’d say projecting to a bit higher than 25 points as a guy that only sees even strength or pk minutes in a bottom six role is something very positive.  2 of his 7 goals are game winners, anotber one is a shortie, he’s 4th on the team in hits, 5th in points among forwards on our team, kills penalties, and is out there is plenty of last minute situations.   What else would you want him to be doing? 

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

14 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Yeah, I’d say projecting to a bit higher than 25 points as a guy that only sees even strength or pk minutes in a bottom six role is something very positive.  2 of his 7 goals are game winners, anotber one is a shortie, he’s 4th on the team in hits, 5th in points among forwards on our team, kills penalties, and is out there is plenty of last minute situations.   What else would you want him to be doing? 

Not be making 3.6 mill for 6 years with NMCs of some sorts in his contract as a 4th liner... Being a pain in the ass. Hitting people.  Being hard to play against... 

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Not be making 3.6 mill for 6 years with NMCs of some sorts in his contract as a 4th liner... Being a pain in the ass. Hitting people.  Being hard to play against... 

Well the end of the day you obviously just don’t want to see past 3.6m because all the things I listed show that he is being a pain in the ass to the opposition and contributing on both sides of the ice. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Well the end of the day you obviously just don’t want to see past 3.6m because all the things I listed show that he is being a pain in the ass to the opposition and contributing on both sides of the ice. 

People act like 3.6 is 10 or that good players are free. I mean the Islanders pay 9m for their 4th line who everyone slobbers over. 

Goodrow, like Reaves and Hunt, is a big reason this team went from no swag at all to 1st place. People bitched about everyone that was brought in, but I mean, I think by now it's obvious Goodrow is a big part of this teams success.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

1 hour ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

More sellers than buyers this year I suspect and the Rangers are in prime position to afford almost anyone who might become available.

With that being the case I expect the Rangers will be floated as a possible destination for anyone and their mother whose name comes up.  So get used to threads discussing all of them.

Give me JT Miller or Claude Giroux or give me death.  (or some such)

And Schneider should not be part of ANY trade deal for a short term rental.  He looks like he belongs already and he hasn't even grown into his full man-size yet.

Right. Trading Schneider at this point might be akin to trading Zubov in 95.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Dude said:

Come on, it's not like 3.6m is a crazy amount. 7 goals, 17 points in 37 games as a 3rd/4th liner. No PP time, one of our better PK'ers, he's got 36% O-zone start% (that's low). He got an A before ever putting on the jersey and he's won back-to-back cups.

I don't know what you think that's worth, but it's atleast not a huge overpayment and Goodrow is so far away from a problem right now. He's a big part of this teams success so far this season.

Flames paid 4.9m to Coleman for a lot of the same reasons. That's 1.3m more and Goodrow has outplayed him so far. I think we made the right choice.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

I dunno how many Ryan Strome-like deals have we ever pulled off? Where a bad player turned into gold? Strome is literally the only one I think think of. 

Again, why go for the bottom of the barrel? There are plenty of good players available.

1 minute ago, ThirtyONE said:

I dunno how many Ryan Strome-like deals have we ever pulled off? Where a bad player turned into gold? Strome is literally the only one I think think of. 

Again, why go for the bottom of the barrel? There are plenty of good players available.

Pouliot, Strome, Prospal, Boyle, Grabner, etc.

24 minutes ago, Phil said:

Pouliot, Strome, Prospal, Boyle, Grabner, etc.

Huh?

Prospal was a 50+ point player before the Rangers and stayed a 50+ point player.

Pouliot was here one season and scored 36 points.

Boyles was and is a 4th liner

Grabner had a resurgence, I guess. 

None of these players did what Strome is doing. 

3 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

Huh?

Prospal was a 50+ point player before the Rangers and stayed a 50+ point player.

Zibenejad?

Not that he was bad, but he's a top 10 all-around Center in the NHL... He was like a 50-point player in Ottawa.

Edited by Pete
  • Cheers 1
  • TroCheckmark 1

28 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

Huh?

Oh, no, not to that level. I'm just saying, the Rangers are no strangers to reclamation projects. Erik Christensen, too, while we're at it.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Phil said:

Oh, no, not to that level. I'm just saying, the Rangers are no strangers to reclamation projects. Erik Christensen, too, while we're at it.

I guess my point is, why are they trying to take on a reclamation project at the deadline? Why not just get a player you know is good? 

There are many out there.

Edited by ThirtyONE

I dunno fellas, without guys like Goodrow, Blais, Reaves, Hunt and to a small extent Tinordi, this is the same bland ass, timid, perimeter Rangers from last season.  I don't see this team higher than #20 overall without those guys.

Goodrow has been probably one of the best signings of the summer as far as I'm concerned.  The guy can do it all, play everywhere, eat 6 apples and shit a fruit salad!  He kinda reminds me of Strome who's done absolutely EVERYTHING you can ask him to do.

I realize Goodrow doesn't produce like Strome, but I don't think that's what he's here for.  He'll produce a little, but he has other roles to fill.

It's the old Herb Brookism, where he says to Craig Patrick:

"I'm not looking for the BEST players, Craig....I'm looking for the RIGHT Players!" 

Goodrow is one of those!