• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Inquire About Jake DeBrusk Following Trade Request from Bruins

40 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I dunno fellas, without guys like Goodrow, Blais, Reaves, Hunt and to a small extent Tinordi, this is the same bland ass, timid, perimeter Rangers from last season.  I don't see this team higher than #20 overall without those guys.

Goodrow has been probably one of the best signings of the summer as far as I'm concerned.  The guy can do it all, play everywhere, eat 6 apples and shit a fruit salad!  He kinda reminds me of Strome who's done absolutely EVERYTHING you can ask him to do.

I realize Goodrow doesn't produce like Strome, but I don't think that's what he's here for.  He'll produce a little, but he has other roles to fill.

It's the old Herb Brookism, where he says to Craig Patrick:

"I'm not looking for the BEST players, Craig....I'm looking for the RIGHT Players!" 

Goodrow is one of those! 

Nobody takes you seriously, you think everybody on this team is good.

I can't even believe you uttered the word Tinordi. You should be embarrassed!

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

Nobody takes you seriously, you think everybody on this team is good.

I can't even believe you uttered the word Tinordi. You should be embarrassed!

Really dude?  Come on man...

Chytil sucks moose ass, we know that.  Also Hajek couldn't get laid in a whore house with a fistfull of $50's.  Why beat it to death?  Tinordi is no one to hang our hat on, fine.

Embarassed?  Come on Pete...

16 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Really dude?  Come on man...

Chytil sucks moose ass, we know that.  Also Hajek couldn't get laid in a whore house with a fistfull of $50's.  Why beat it to death?  Tinordi is no one to hang our hat on, fine.

Embarassed?  Come on Pete...

Just embarrassed about Tinordi... The rest of it, I was just fuckin with you 😉

• LMFAO 1

Just now, Pete said:

Just embarrassed about Tinordi... The rest of it, I was just fuckin with you 😉

After I typed it...I was like...Ok, "which one of these guys doesn't belong here!"  LOL

Dude, I have Kakko on board for a goal and an apple tonight!!  I'm personally gonna kick this fucker into the NHL!!! 

• LMFAO 1

2 hours ago, ThirtyONE said:

I guess my point is, why are they trying to take on a reclamation project at the deadline? Why not just get a player you know is good? 

There are many out there.

Cost to acquire. 

They acquired some of those guys well below market value.

While some of the big name acquisitions didn't work out as well, Staal, Nash, Kovalev, Christian Thomas.

11 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Come on, it's not like 3.6m is a crazy amount. 7 goals, 17 points in 37 games as a 3rd/4th liner. No PP time, one of our better PK'ers, he's got 36% O-zone start% (that's low). He got an A before ever putting on the jersey and he's won back-to-back cups.

I don't know what you think that's worth, but it's atleast not a huge overpayment and Goodrow is so far away from a problem right now. He's a big part of this teams success so far this season.

Flames paid 4.9m to Coleman for a lot of the same reasons. That's 1.3m more and Goodrow has outplayed him so far. I think we made the right choice.

Well if you look closely, he's been up and down the roster, playing in the top 6 often and being all over the place. Let's stop saying he's doing this as a bottom six skater. 

Most every proposed acquisition pushes him down to 4th line or to 3rd line RW. The acquisition most want is a faceoff guy that can kill penalties and play with grit. 

So, if everyone would stop being defensive over this guy and read my initial post, it says Goodrow is here and signed to be this exact player, and I question why anyone wants to add something that the team already has, but is being used on the wing in the top 6 or as the 4th line center.

He's looked his best as the 4th line center as that contributing gritty player. When he's on the 4th line, they are hopping and the team feeds off of it.

So, when I complain about his salary,  it's because he seems to be a little misused. He was brought here to add grit, experience and to be a defensive forward who wins draws. He's doing that.. But he's doing it most effectively on the 4th line. 

Not sure why they haven't constructed a line for him as 3rd line center. Gallant seems against using him as a center in anything but a 4th line role. That's why I complain about his salary. Paid as a 2nd or 3rd liner. Most effective as a 4th liner. How many 4th liners make 3.6 mill?