• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Inquire About Jake DeBrusk Following Trade Request from Bruins

Per the athletic

Jake DeBrusk requests trade from Bruins

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathletic.com/news/jake-debrusk-requests-trade-from-bruins/ok7okRcYozwo/%3famp=1

Boston Bruins forward Jake DeBrusk has requested a trade, team president Cam Neely confirmed to The Athletic.

DeBrusk’s agent, Rick Valette, told TSN that his client asked for trade over the weekend. DeBrusk was a healthy scratch for the Bruins’ 3-2 win over Vancouver on Sunday after coach Bruce Cassidywas not satisfied with DeBrusk’s defense on Artemi Panarin’s winning goal in the Bruins’ 5-2 loss to the Rangers on Nov. 26.

• Phil changed the title to Jake DeBrusk Requests Trade from Bruins
  • Phil changed the title to Rangers Inquire About Jake DeBrusk Following Trade Request from Bruins

Im not sure what Debrusk offers us. Sure we're a bit thin on wing at the moment but its not like he's some clear obvious upgrade over what's already here who will make the team THAT much better

If they return is Libor Hajek and a 7th round pick in 2024 then great, pull the trigger. If DeBrusk doesn't work out you walk away from him this summer/trade him for a 7th rounder and be done with it. We are a bit cap-strapped for next season though already so it's definitely not worth giving up any real value for him

Will all be extremely interesting if we’re still a solid playoff team at the deadline. Have a lot of cap space to use this year only so we are a prime rental location, but at the same time that would mean a young guy who needs the experience is going to sit in crunch time 

I just don't care about DeBrusk. He costs like 4x what he should for what he gives you. He's a 0.3 P/GP player this season and last. That's a 25-point pace. You can find a comparable player with better rights control and at a better price point by literally looking anywhere else.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Phil said:

I just don't care about DeBrusk. He costs like 4x what he should for what he gives you. He's a 0.3 P/GP player this season and last. That's a 25-point pace. You can find a comparable player with better rights control and at a better price point by literally looking anywhere else.

agree. I think it could be worth a shot if you give up next to nothing for him. He's shown he can produce at a higher rate than that earlier in his career. Thing is, that could hamstring you cap wise if you want to get another rental closer to the deadline. All in all, I'd say not worth the trouble. I won't be mad if its Hajek one for one though

27 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

agree. I think it could be worth a shot if you give up next to nothing for him. He's shown he can produce at a higher rate than that earlier in his career. Thing is, that could hamstring you cap wise if you want to get another rental closer to the deadline. All in all, I'd say not worth the trouble. I won't be mad if its Hajek one for one though

I would, because he makes nearly $4 million, has arbr rights, and is due a new contract immediately. If you want to dump Hajek for a project, find a Kieffer Bellows. I mean, fuck, just trade for Kieffer Bellows.

is it possible to waive/bury debrusks contract in hartford without any cap hit? if so I'd say Hajek is worth it. no risk, potentially high reward

this is all a moot point though because there's no way they just give him to use 1 for 1 for Hajek anyway

Edited by BlairBettsBlocksEverything

46 minutes ago, Xander said:

Are they trying to find another Strome and capture lightning in a bottle, an underperforming player that needs a change of scenery?

DeBrusk will come here and score 67 points and 15 games into next year we'll trade his 3 point ass for Draisaitl.

28 minutes ago, lefty9 said:

No to DeBrusk

We got Hunt

I don't want DeBrusk but people keep saying this...I just want to point out that Hunt at 26 has played 110 games and scored 9 goals and 28 points, so figure that pace at 220 games he'd have 60 points.

In 262 games DeBrusk has 140 points.

Hunt just isn't close, he's filler. 

Again, I don't want him, but not because we have Hunt. 

Edited by Pete