• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#18) Rangers vs Buffalo Sabres — RIP Ottawa

High and Wide

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

That may Georgievs swan song. Again, I’m not opposed to playing your backup. But this guy has been an issue for awhile now. And it should have been addressed.

No a good sign if Turk doesn't have confidence in him against a shitty team like Buffalo, who aren't even that good at moving the puck side to side. 

3 minutes ago, Karan said:

No a good sign if Turk doesn't have confidence in him against a shitty team like Buffalo, who aren't even that good at moving the puck side to side. 

Gallant on waivers after he gets  punched by Georgiev, after he tells him he didn't play good enough to come out for the 3rd. 

Edited by The Dude
  • LOL 1

5 minutes ago, Karan said:

It's like voting for president, there are only two choices...

Geo isn't good. However he has to play at some point, unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

It’s NEVER good when the starter relieves the backup over performance.

I really think this is it.

I mean the only other reason to starter would relieve the backup is over injury, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Edited by Pete

Just now, Pete said:

The backup has to play but I’m not sure why he had to tonight. They’ve been off for three days and don’t play again until Wednesday. Just ride the correct goalie until you can trade for a real backup 

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

And not sure if Kinkaid is much of an upgrade over Geo, at least not over the course of the season. Dru might just have to turn to trade options...

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

The backup has to play but I’m not sure why he had to tonight. They’ve been off for three days and don’t play again until Wednesday. Just ride the correct goalie until you can trade for a real backup 

Said this already...Geo hasn't played for a week. Assuming you want Shesty in for Isles, Bruins, Isles, Philly...next game is San Jose and Geo sits a month?

What's better about that?

Why wouldn't you think you can start your back up against Buffalo at home?

• Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Said this already...Geo hasn't played for a week. Assuming you want Shesty in for Isles, Bruins, Isles, Philly...next game is San Jose and Geo sits a month?

What's better about that?

Why wouldn't you think you can start your back up against Buffalo at home?

Why wouldn’t you? Well I think we can all answer that except management that re-upped him lol 

7 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Looking around the NHL, most backups are either young and unproven (and cheap) or roughly what Georgiev is; a pretty average/mediocre goalie you hope doesn't shit the bed too often when your #1 needs a break. 

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Looking around the NHL, most backups are either young and unproven (and cheap) or roughly what Georgiev is; a pretty average/mediocre goalie you hope doesn't shit the bed too often when your #1 needs a break. 

I’d argue Georgiev is one of the worst backups in the league, unless you mean bottom third of the league.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I’d argue Georgiev is one of the worst backups in the league, unless you mean bottom third of the league.

He’s trash and the team has absolutely no faith in him and play far now restrictive with him in net.  For the team’s confidence they need to bring up kinkaid.