• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#18) Rangers vs Buffalo Sabres — RIP Ottawa

High and Wide

1 minute ago, Karan said:

Probably pissed that after Zib took that neutral zone hit, he basically just stood around and took himself out of the play. But who the fuck knows, it didn't look good either way.

I think so,and stood in the high slot while his wingers were outnumbered.

Worked pretty good,though.

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

Something must be brewing, I've never seen the TV crew spend so much time talking about a goalie switch.

I mean the Rangers have given him every chance to succeed. 2-3 seasons worth of chances. If your backup can't win a game against the Sabres when your offense scores 4, there's no sugarcoating it anymore. I agree, feels like it's Kincaid's turn. 

55 minutes ago, Pete said:

Said this already...Geo hasn't played for a week. Assuming you want Shesty in for Isles, Bruins, Isles, Philly...next game is San Jose and Geo sits a month?

What's better about that?

Why wouldn't you think you can start your back up against Buffalo at home?

I’m not disagreeing with the principle here at all. I’m really not. I get it that your backup needs action too. 

But a few factors. Georgiev has been, for the most part, underwhelming. We have a large break in games here, adding in the Ottawa cancellation. I get we have a stretch here of tough games and looking at the schedule you can kind of peg this as Georgiev’s start. But why not play Igor tonight? He’s been off since Thursday. We don’t play until Wednesday. And even in that tough stretch, there are no back to backs. We paid him to be our starter; these are games starters play.

If we had a more reliable backup, I’d agree. Georgiev literally almost let this game get away from us.

14 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

If we had a more reliable backup, I’d agree.

This is the crux though. 

If you get that the backup needs to play, then it doesn't matter who the backup is. This is a game you'd give a backup no matter who it is. Sunday night, people from Buffalo spent the weekend in NYC after football...this is the exact throwaway game you give to a backup.

If the logic is don't play Geo if you don't think he can win, you'd never play him LOL.