• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Bar-Room Brotherhood

Ozzy

15 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Yea sorry about that fellas.  We spent the weekend at a hotel with my side of the family celebrating joint birthdays.  Kid's schedule was all thrown off with the late nights and they were a mess Monday night.  Felt bad leaving my wife to deal with everything herself.  Hopefully next time.

With that said, how many of you guys are into wrestling?  I've gotten back into it full time recently.  I haven't missed a show since November aside from the 2 PPVs.  Would anyone be interested in getting together for the Royal Rumble on Saturday the 28th?  I would have to move around my work schedule for the day if there is interest.

Yeah, no sweat man!  We'll do another one in February that fits the bill for ya!!!

I have to see about Saturday though.  I was a GIGANTIC wrestling fan years ago, when DX was big.  I was a huge Stone Cold and Undertaker fan.  The Attitude era was my time frame. 

I've been trying to get into the new stuff, but I just can't seem to grasp onto anything they're doing.  I've seen maybe a a few matches on AEW and a couple on WWE, but not even scratching the surface of the Monday night wars I never missed.

7 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah, no sweat man!  We'll do another one in February that fits the bill for ya!!!

We can try for something sooner if everyone else is interested too.

I have to see about Saturday though.  I was a GIGANTIC wrestling fan years ago, when DX was big.  I was a huge Stone Cold and Undertaker fan.  The Attitude era was my time frame. 

I've been trying to get into the new stuff, but I just can't seem to grasp onto anything they're doing.  I've seen maybe a a few matches on AEW and a couple on WWE, but not even scratching the surface of the Monday night wars I never missed.

I was the same dude.  I was a total mark during the Attitude Era and into the beginnings of Ruthless Aggression.  I always missed it after I stopped watching though.  I recently got into Bruce Prichard and Mick Foley's podcasts back in October and I just started watching Raw and Smackdown again.  It was hard at first.  Very hard.  REALLY very hard lol.  It is nowhere near as good as it was back then.  I forced myself to keep with it and I do enjoy it now.  I constantly find myself comparing it to what I remember and I sometimes self sabotage myself lol.  There are rumors of Rock coming back at the Rumble and that was my primary reason for making myself get back into it.  I know it won't be a full return as he is too busy with movies, but, it would be cool if he came back semi-regularly like he did after beating CM Punk for the Belt back in 2012 and stuck around until Mania to drop it to Cena.  At least I think I remember that is how it went down, memory is a little sketchy lol.  Anyways, no biggie if there is no interest.  Just thought I would throw it out there. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

There will be an emergency meeting of the Bar Room Brotherhood on Monday February 20th....(if Keith doesn't go to the game, that is)

Rangers Vs. Lose-a-peg

7pm 

Grille in the Hood

Topic of discussion will be where to watch the playoff games this season.

@siddious, @Keirik, @RJWantsTheCup  @SaveByRichter35.....What say you????

Edited by Ozzy
  • Cheers 2

29 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

There will be an emergency meeting of the Bar Room Brotherhood on Monday February 20th....(if Keith doesn't go to the game, that is)

Rangers Vs. Lose-a-peg

7pm 

Grille in the Hood

Topic of discussion will be where to watch the playoff games this season.

@siddious, @Keirik, @RJWantsTheCup  @SaveByRichter35.....What say you????

20th should be ok for me.

• TroCheckmark 1

3 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Queens.....Wife and daughter will be on a cruise for a week so I will be living the bachelor life until they come back the next afternoon.  

Oh awesome man! 

We're gonna do this gig on the 20th if Keirik isn't going, and then we'll work on the Saturday game with you.  Unless you wanna join us for the Winipeg game as well...you're invited, of course!  😉