• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#2) Rangers vs. Dallas Stars — Let's Try That Again

Morphinity 2.0

• Phil changed the title to [RS] (#2) Rangers vs. Dallas Stars — Let's Try That Again
43 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Georgiev let us down yesterday. Let’s hope Igor is better

That's about right. Rangers had 2 or 3 monster chances early and flatlined until the game was out of hand. The first three goals were pretty soft on Georgiev.

29 minutes ago, Morphinity said:

Nope. So it really flies in the face of the story that Georgiev let the team down. He stinks, no doubt. But they didn't play well enough to win outside the first 5-10 minutes of the game. 

But alas, there's another chance tonight and Dallas needs to start the season with a beatdown.

Both can be true. Georgiev stunk. Rangers basically did nothing from the 17 minute mark of the 1st through the 15 minute mark of the 3rd. Not going to win many games taking 40 minutes off.

A lot of new faces, new coaching staff.  Crazy to give them a few games to get their shit together?  November is when you start to see what a team truly is.  While I know people will cry that no one dropped with Wilson, but they were hitting hard last night.  I think they just need to settle down.

Edited by Vodka Drunkenski
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 1

1 minute ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

A lot of new faces, new coaching staff.  Crazy to give them a few games to get their shit together?  November is when you start to see what a team truly is.

Yea I will bitch and moan but I really give it 15-20 games to see what this team really is before I make final judgements. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Xander said:

I'm not saying win. I'm saying tighten up defensively. Create more chances offensively. Even if we lose, play a better game and trend in the right direction.

Agree, I was perfectly fine how they started the game last night, show me that effort and pace the rest of the year and they will be fine.

2 minutes ago, siddious said:

Yea I will bitch and moan but I really give it 15-20 games to see what this team really is before I make final judgements. 

And that’s fine, it’s the ones that completely write them off after the first game that is annoying.  This is a different team than the last couple of years, it’s not unheard of to give it some time.

Edited by Vodka Drunkenski

32 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

A lot of new faces, new coaching staff.  Crazy to give them a few games to get their shit together?  November is when you start to see what a team truly is.  While I know people will cry that no one dropped with Wilson, but they were hitting hard last night.  I think they just need to settle down.

I'm getting on this line, Fellas!!  Vodka can be the voice of reason!!  ...literally!!  LOL

1 hour ago, G1000 said:

Both can be true. Georgiev stunk. Rangers basically did nothing from the 17 minute mark of the 1st through the 15 minute mark of the 3rd. Not going to win many games taking 40 minutes off.

Could have easily been a 2-2 game midway. 

2 hours ago, siddious said:

Are we supposed to sit hear and give vanilla post game posts like we're players.

Yeah I think they uh just need to come back next game and uh go back to doing what makes them a good team. I think they uh will uh you know go back over everything and come back tonight with a better effort and hopefully get the w

• LOL 1
  • Applause 1

31 minutes ago, josh said:

Are we supposed to sit hear and give vanilla post game posts like we're players.

Yeah I think they uh just need to come back next game and uh go back to doing what makes them a good team. I think they uh will uh you know go back over everything and come back tonight with a better effort and hopefully get the w

Gotta get pucks deep