• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#2) Rangers vs. Dallas Stars — Let's Try That Again

Morphinity 2.0

Just now, CCCP said:

if the team is like this in November, it might be too late to make the playoffs.  

I don't think you can just go on one game, Simon;   I mean...we did play a fairly decent 1st period, but I'm gonna let this team come together for a few games before I pass any judgement on them.  I figure at least 10 games, and even that's a very small sample size.

I liked them finishing checks and the first period was a pretty decent go of it.  Kakko should've buried 2 goals I thought.

Panarin and Zibby, I don't remember if they even had any shots on goal.

I read through all the GDT posts and I saw a couple guys ready to jump off a cliff.  WAY too early for that I believe;  New coach, new teammates, new system, new attitude...against now NHL ready players, and not AHL pre season players.

We'll get there, my man!  We have the team we need to compete now, and other than Georgiev,  I'm confident in these guys, and especially Gallant.

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I don't think you can just go on one game, Simon;   I mean...we did play a fairly decent 1st period, but I'm gonna let this team come together for a few games before I pass any judgement on them.  I figure at least 10 games, and even that's a very small sample size.

I liked them finishing checks and the first period was a pretty decent go of it.  Kakko should've buried 2 goals I thought.

Panarin and Zibby, I don't remember if they even had any shots on goal.

I read through all the GDT posts and I saw a couple guys ready to jump off a cliff.  WAY too early for that I believe;  New coach, new teammates, new system, new attitude...against now NHL ready players, and not AHL pre season players.

We'll get there, my man!  We have the team we need to compete now, and other than Georgiev,  I'm confident in these guys, and especially Gallant.

shoulda, woulda, coulda....

look at the 3rd line in the OP.  if that's the case, this team is not going anywhere, it's going to compete for a top 10 pick

1 minute ago, CCCP said:

shoulda, woulda, coulda....

look at the 3rd line in the OP.  if that's the case, this team is not going anywhere, it's going to compete for a top 10 pick

I thought our 3rd line was the most competitive of any of them last night.  It's one game, man...no sweat! 

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I thought our 3rd line was the most competitive of any of them last night.  It's one game, man...no sweat! 

if they were teh 4th line, then yeah.  that line is offensively inept and Chytil will eventually be crucified for not putting up offensive numbers. 

1 minute ago, CCCP said:

if they were teh 4th line, then yeah.  that line is offensively inept and Chytil will eventually be crucified for not putting up offensive numbers. 

Dude, give 'em a few games to get used to playing together.  Did you really expect this team to just jump out on the ice with all new parts and light up the city?  Come on my man, you're on the ball...you get this stuff!  ?

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Dude, give 'em a few games to get used to playing together.  Did you really expect this team to just jump out on the ice with all new parts and light up the city?  Come on my man, you're on the ball...you get this stuff!  ?

im talking about the 3rd line.  

3 minutes ago, CCCP said:

im talking about the 3rd line.  

That's fine...so they go out there tonight, and play a better, smarter game and win one, grinding Dallas into dog meat along the boards, and possibly put in a cookie or 2,  and all's good again?

The entire top 6 except Panarin were basically non factors last night. That can only improve since there is zero chance that stays a narrative. 

I sure do hope though that Alf and Kakko show themselves to be top 6 asap because if they don't..... There isn't much help elsewhere 

With the log jam of talent we had on D, if at the end of last year you'd told me that on opening night this year we'd have in the lineup a 29 year old predominately minor league D-man with fewer than 100 NHL games under his belt, I would have never believed you.

Oh, but Tinordi's presence had Tom Wilson quaking in his skates.

Edited by Sod16

41 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

With the log jam of talent we had on D, if at the end of last year you'd told me that on opening night this year we'd have in the lineup a 29 year old predominately minor league D-man with fewer than 100 NHL games under his belt, I would have never believed you.

Oh, but Tinordi's presence had Tom Wilson quaking in his skates.

I mean we all know that we can dress Tinordi for games like this incase a brawl breaks out, right?  Just because there happened not to be a fight doesn't mean it was a waste.  Otherwise you end up with Strome fighting.