• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#1) Rangers @ Washington Capitals — If Tom Wilson Lives, We Riot!

Phil

• Phil changed the title to [rs] (#1) Rangers @ Washington Capitals — If Tom Wilson Lives, We Riot!

Kravtsov has done nothing to make me "miss him" or wish he was here.

That said, same applies to Gauthier and Hunt...so there's that.

And TBH, I wouldn't be shocked to see Wilson duck Reaves. Wilson is an important player who takes a regular shift. It's not worth the risk for him, in game 1 of the season, with Ovi and Backstrom hurt. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I don't think it's too bad, but needs more Vitaly Kravstov.

You know, after reading the Mollie Walker article it seems like his attitude and personality might not be a fit at all (and she didn't even mention the first time he refused to play in Hartford). 

Dryden Hunt played well in camp. Gauthier played well. We're not privy to the behind the scenes stuff, but based on those two factors and already high tensions between Kravstov and the Rangers, it feels like he's not a fit. 

That's not to say it doesn't suck, because it does. That means they drafted two players with attitude problems in consecutive years, in the top ten. Or it means they have no idea how to develop players. Could even be both. 

But, I guess all of that is to say, I don't think they're worse without Kravstov in the lineup.

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

Kravtsov has done nothing to make me "miss him" or wish he was here.

That said, same applies to Gauthier and Hunt...so there's that.

And TBH, I wouldn't be shocked to see Wilson duck Reaves. Wilson is an important player who takes a regular shift. It's not worth the risk for him, in game 1 of the season, with Ovi and Backstrom hurt. 

I agree. There's a real chance nothing happens, which is fine. Just win the game. Let the other shit happen naturally. 

• Phil changed the title to [RS] (#1) Rangers @ Washington Capitals — If Tom Wilson Lives, We Riot!
9 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

You know, after reading the Mollie Walker article it seems like his attitude and personality might not be a fit at all (and she didn't even mention the first time he refused to play in Hartford). 

Dryden Hunt played well in camp. Gauthier played well. We're not privy to the behind the scenes stuff, but based on those two factors and already high tensions between Kravstov and the Rangers, it feels like he's not a fit. 

That's not to say it doesn't suck, because it does. That means they drafted two players with attitude problems in consecutive years, in the top ten. Or it means they have no idea how to develop players. Could even be both. 

But, I guess all of that is to say, I don't think they're worse without Kravstov in the lineup.

I don't think it's really the end of the world either, as they still have solid organizational depth. But the fact is they basically wasted two high picks on malcontents who were kind of reaches at their respective spots in the draft. Lias could still be a solid player, as projected, but not really someone you pick that highly in the draft, let alone in the first round. I don't totally remember, but wasn't Krav considered an off the board kind of pick as well? Obviously a lot of skill, but perhaps not that high either. Maybe Gorton was fired for a reason?

Again, I think they'll be fine, they just could have been that much better with a more developed Kravstov in the lineup.

If the Rangers are capable, I'd play mind games with Tom Wilson.  First off, focus on the game.  Everyone expects something to go down at the beginning of the game.  

Every time Wilson is on the ice, just talk to him that he's going to get his.....he better watch his back.....its coming.....etc........Don't do anything for the first period, unless he does something stupid which he is completely capable of.  Finally get him when least expected.  

I just wanna see them beat the brakes off of them on the scoreboard. The shoe already dropped last year when the whole team tried to take on Wilson and got embarrassed. I hope everyone has moved on and just let this be a hard hitting, high scoring embarrassment for Wilson and Washington. This is one of my favorite matchups every year.

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Tell you one thing...

Lots of eyes are gonna be on Gauthier tonight...especially from us guys!!  Good Christ!!  If he goes out and dumpster fires, you guys are gonna be all over him like spots on a Damatian tomorrow!! 

Haha this is very true

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Tell you one thing...

Lots of eyes are gonna be on Gauthier tonight...especially from us guys!!  Good Christ!!  If he goes out and dumpster fires, you guys are gonna be all over him like spots on a Damatian tomorrow!! 

He’s not playing.