• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#1) Rangers @ Washington Capitals — If Tom Wilson Lives, We Riot!

Phil

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

Because when you keep everything compact to yourself, you square to the shot and have your extremities controlled instead of flailing and stabbing at the puck

And how would that have helped a laser to the top corner? It wouldn't. The puck didn't go thru him. It went over the shoulder.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

So far, doesn't look much different than any system Quinn had, structurally.

Difference is battle level and more fluidity. They just tuned DQ out at some point.

Yepp they look like they actually care so far. And the physicality is much improved. They look like an nhl team.

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

And how would that have helped a laser to the top corner? It wouldn't. The puck didn't go thru him. It went over the shoulder.

Exactly. It went over his shoulder basically. If you’re controlled and squaring yourself, pucks aren’t going over your dipped shoulder. They are hitting you. When you flail like that you dip your shoulder. 

Guy we disagree. Can we move on from it? 

3 minutes ago, RangerDanger said:

Been waiting all day, excited to see the season start with this lineup, tune in and bam - Georgiev. That's like getting a stripper for your bachelor party, and the stripper turns out to be your ex. I mean sure, I'm gonna watch, just maybe not tip as much.....

Not even just the ex, but that ex you prefer not to admit you were ever with.

5 minutes ago, RangerDanger said:

Been waiting all day, excited to see the season start with this lineup, tune in and bam - Georgiev. That's like getting a stripper for your bachelor party, and the stripper turns out to be your ex. I mean sure, I'm gonna watch, just maybe not tip as much.....

Even the stripper would probably flop less too.

• LOL 1