• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Book of Boba Fett

Phil

3 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

As much as I like Mando, the fact this series about Boba, is now basically about him, kind of tells you what they think of Boba. lol I still like the series, but c'mon.

Looks like they watched their first few episodes and decided it didn't work, so ....

2 hours ago, Morphinity said:

Could I theoretically skip the first 3 episodes of this series and watch the latest 2? I've heard good things. 

Yes. The last two are effectively an extension of Mandalorian, where Boba ties in as a threaded side story.

3 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yes. While I don't find the series unwatchable necessarily, it's very disappointing and I've always been a fan of the character. Now with Mando, he's basically being overshadowed in his own series.

Because Boba isn't a compelling lead. He's a good character. He just doesn't need his own series like this because he's perfect as a supporting role in Mando's story.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Because Boba isn't a compelling lead. He's a good character. He just doesn't need his own series like this because he's perfect as a supporting role in Mando's story.

This is true. One thing I hate about these extended universes as that I feel it's just creating new series out of desperation and to make money, creativity be damned. It's just too much now with the milking of these IPs and a negative of these streaming services in general, the oversaturation.

I mean, I guess, but that's a pessimistic way to view it. As a consumer, I like that they branch out, because it gives you things like The Mandalorian to begin with. Star Wars is bigger than the Skywalkers. I really enjoy exploring all these worlds, these characters.

Some things will hit, others won't. The ones that don't, likely won't continue, and that's fine. I'd be fine if Boba didn't continue on as a standalone series after this, but that's not to say I think he doesn't have any value at all as a supporting character if the story compels it. Tattooine is a central Star Wars location. There's nothing to suggest we should never return to it again in the future.

It's really sad the writers got tired of their own show and just went back to the Mandalorian. I don't think this show was ever fully fleshed out. They probably knew they couldn't get Pedro Pascal in for a full season of Mandalorian yet because of a backloaded filming schedule so they rushed Boba into production to fill a gap.

On 2/3/2022 at 10:55 AM, Morphinity said:

Could I theoretically skip the first 3 episodes of this series and watch the latest 2? I've heard good things. 

Why would you have to? 

I'd say no. The first few episodes are the basis for this slow moving slug filled with cameos. 

It's the groundwork for where the story was going before it turned into Mando.

Edited by The Dude
  • LOL 1

On 2/3/2022 at 12:57 PM, Bugg said:

Liked Timothy Oliphant reprising his "Deadwood" role as a lawman. Hopefully....

Why does he have to choose? Why would one choice preclude the other? 

Can we get those robot ants to shovel snow or home construction? 

This exactly.  Haven't these asshole Jedi masters learned from the past? Stop playing emotional games with fucked up orphan kids. 

And where the fuck is ghost Yoda to talk to Grogu? Ben could guide Luke, but Yoda can't help this fucking idiot kid? 

On 2/3/2022 at 2:17 PM, Sharpshooter said:

This is true. One thing I hate about these extended universes as that I feel it's just creating new series out of desperation and to make money, creativity be damned. It's just too much now with the milking of these IPs and a negative of these streaming services in general, the oversaturation.

Kinda where I'm at. Why not dump the effort from Mando into Boba Fett from the beginning?

There's the Fett storyline that could have been the basis, but did the Mado story (using Boba instead) as filler.

They abandoned a cult favorite character and propped up some dude they just made up.

Watched the whole series pre-Superbowl yesterday and gotta say I wasn't impressed. Was bored out of my mind at times and if I had been watching alone, I would probably not have finished it. First half is basically "Dances with Sandpeople" and then suddenly it forgets who the MC is.

Can we also stop going back to Tatooine all the time?

Guess they had to have Luke repeating the mistakes of the Jedi, because that is already Canon from the latest movies.

• LMFAO 1